Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Apparently the themes today:

Bigger, faster, better

More focus on Edge

A lot of focus on Samsung software and sensor bloat that Samsung thinks is really cool

The pen features

Apparently something to do with the cloud and how much better it is than them terrible nasty sd cards that Samsung makes no money from.

More leaks today BTW about a dual sim version for Asian markets that has the SD slot. Samsung will say zip about that, since would not fit their narrative.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
i was too on the samsung bash camp for years and thought the death of the sd and removable battery would kill the brand. i was wrong, picked up my white s6 5 weeks ago and its easily the best devices ive had in awhile. i sure don't see people ******** about the nexus line which doesn't have removable storage or battery. people need to get over this.

the only downside i see for the note 5 is the 3000mah.

This is a variation on the "Apple doesn't have it and it's fine for them" theme. Apart from pricing issues for Nexus, people buy the phone that is good for them. If someone doesn't care about these features, and not everyone does, well, they gravitate to Nexus or Apple because those phones serve their needs.

If someone does care, they avoided Nexus and Apple and gravitated to Samsung (and Note). "Never having a feature" versus "taking away features" that may have been a key reason for purchase in the first place are very different issues.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Seems real simple. If a consumer does not want to use the card slot, don't. It makes no sense to me to take away a feature that will result in consumers that were buying your device to not to. It does makes sense though when Samsung is banking on not losing many sales and growing profit margin with the premium priced 64GB and 128GB models. Samsung is getting the revenue and not the card makers. Seems tunnel vision to me and underestimating the part of their install base that values cards. Microsd card business has grown to billions of dollars and directly correlates with Android phone growth.

Even Motorola called the feature out with their new device launch as still valued by consumers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais