Wireless printer

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I installed a wireless printer and it works perfectly. My wife refuses to allow me install it. She doesn't want to replace the older printer. Any suggestions.

Posted via the Android Central App

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It's a hp 3520. The printer she's using is an older hp that's attached to the laptop. I want to setup the laptop (wirelessly) to use the new wireless printer with no USB cable.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google maps Android print directions

How do you print route directions in Google maps Android version with a smartphone

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google maps Android print directions

As far as I can tell, there is no option to Print within the Maps app. What you can do instead is go to Google Maps' website through your phone's internet browser, and print the directions from there (there is a print option in the browser's menu - Google Cloud Print, possibly HP or Samsung options depending on your phone model, or 3rd part apps like printshare).

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Thanks. You would think that you can cut & paste, and then print from there. I have the samsung Galaxy S5.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

I'm guessing that a print option isn't a priority in the Maps app since most usage is someplace, like a car, where you want real time directionsbut have no need for or access to a printer. They also used to have an option to share your location or directions, but that's gone too. Progress is not always progress, I guess.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

You're right. In my use, I prepare my wife with printed directions for a trip before she leaves the house. Thanks again.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Print message

How do I print messages? I'm using Simple Text and can't find the instructions. Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Print message

Install a printer app (I use Cloud Print, but there are other good and free ones). Set it up. When you share the document, the printer will be in the list. Share it with the printer app. It'll print.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Print from clipboard

Many times I use the clipboard command to copy something that I want to print. I don't want to have to open a text editor. How do I open the clipboard so I can print it?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Print from clipboard

I don't believe you can do this. I see apps that would allow you print what is on your clipboard but as you don't want to open any other app to do this I'm afraid that you may be out of luck. Try Google and see if any of the solutions others have posted interest you.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Print item from discussion group

How do I print a response to a question in this newsgroup? Thanks

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Print item from discussion group

That depends on what you're using to read it. On a PC, the easiest way is to copy it, paste it into a New Notepad file, then Print it.

On a phone, you have to have the phone set up for printing (some printing app - I use Cloud Print), then Share what you want to print and the printing app will be one of the things you can share to. (How you share a response depends on which app you're reading it in, the AC app, a browser, etc.)

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Increase fonts in web pages when printing

I downloaded information from a web page. When I print, the font was so small, I could barely read it. I'd like to import the file into another program for example Google Docs, so that I can increase the font and then be able read it. Any suggestions? Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Increase fonts in web pages when printing

Save the text to a file. Open that file in whatever app (or send it to your computer and open it in a program) that can change the font size.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Increase fonts in web pages when printing

How do I save the page? I can't select the text on the web page either. As usual, thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz