Would you buy the HTC 10 again?

lrtrees

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So, knowing what you know now and after using the 10 for a while now, would you buy it again or would you consider something else?

I am on Verizon and I have always been partial to the HTC product. I currently am running a M8 Windows phone and that probly say enough. The phone itself has been great and I have no complaints with it, but the rest of the Microsoft situation is a mess and I have had enough!!

Have been reading as much as I can find on the 10 and have played with it a far amount in the Verizon store, but that is not the same as taking it home.

Thus the original question.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Lon

Last edited:

McDoogie

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Absolutely, I upgraded from the M8, and this phone feels just feels right. I loved my M8, and got amazing battery life with it. I pre-ordered the 10, and when it finally came it was something special. The way this phone feels in the hand is absolute premium. I was sceptical about the front looks of the phone, but I love it now. I love where the home button is placed, and the finger print sensor is so fast and accurate. Also the way the screen feels is new, I've never used a phone that felt so fluid and smooth. Battery life on this phone lasts aaalllllll day. As I'm typing this I'm at 43%, and I took my phone off the charger at 8am. I only charge it once a day, and that's for 30+minutes when I wake up at 7:00-7:30. Once it hits 100% I take it off the charger and it'll last till morning, phenomenal(Eminem) battery life. Also audio quality with headphones is amazing, I've never heard music sound this good on a phone before. So would I buy it again? **** YES.
The only cons I have about this phone is I can't edit quick settings (I could on the m8) and I don't have HTC music player, Google Play music is ****. Other than those two problems, this phone is perfect for me. Hope this helps at all!

Posted via the Android Central App

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
No doubt about it. No major issues that would make me even think about going to anything else. Especially considering the options, the HTC is the only phone out currently that fills the main needs I have in a phone. Not to say any of the others are bad by any means of course, just not for me.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I feel bad for anybody who ever needs HTC tech support......its absolutely HORRIBLE!!!! That's the only reason I'll never own another HTC product, I don't care how good the phone is. To me product support is as important as the product itself......it says a lot about the company.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I would actually wait. With the devices recently announced by OnePlus, ZTE, and Asus, both Samsung and HTC will be feeling serious pressure, and even if they are mostly better, they're going to have to drop prices to compete. Besides, while I LIKE the 10, I don't quite love it. There's some things HTC could have done a little better.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I feel bad for anybody who ever needs HTC tech support......its absolutely HORRIBLE!!!! That's the only reason I'll never own another HTC product, I don't care how good the phone is. To me product support is as important as the product itself......it says a lot about the company.
They were awesome for me, literally best tech support ever.

Regarding the initial post, it's the best phone on the market, I'd absolutely buy it again.

mauiblue

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Aloha to all. I just got my new HTC 10 (Verizon) a few hours ago. Wow, what a beautiful phone it is. This is my third HTC phone from over the years I've owned a smartphone. I lost my M8 a couple weeks ago and had to make do with an old and decrepit Moto Razr phone. I am transferring all my backed up data from Verizon Cloud and it is just about done. I was considering getting a Samsung Galaxy S7 but I like to be different in regards to flagship phones and I know I will enjoy this new HTC phone very much. I hope HTC sticks around for a while more and offer more innovative phone in the future.

So to answer the question, yes. I would buy the HTC 10 again.

lrtrees

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your impressions guys. As I mentioned earlier, I have really liked it while playing with it in the store and think I may give it a try. I know that the S7 seems to review better most of the time, but for whatever reason, just have never been a fan of the Samsung product:-( That statement certainly does mean they are bad, just does not make an impression on me.

What I do wish is that there were more choices regarding accessories, but I kind of understand the manufacturers reluctance to make them. I hope the phone sells well and some of them change there mind.

Anyway, thanks again for your thoughts!!

Lon

Kr0m

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really sure if I would or not. I have some minor annoyances (that make me question if I would or not)
- The lack of decent tgsp that cover the full screen (limitations due to device design apparently)
- can't edit quick toggles
- unable to put contact info on the lock screen (easily)
- lack of selection when it comes to cases, etc (guess that's to be expected when not having anything by Apple or Samsung)
- need to have GPS enabled in order to show the weather on the lock screen (I would normally keep gps off unless I'm travelling)
- the sound from the phone's speakers doesn't seem to be as loud as the g4 & m8 that I had (not a huge deal, since I've got Bluetooth speakers I can use)

These annoyances aren't deal breakers for me personally, as I know any phone I have I'll find things that I miss when comparing to prior devices. Aside from those things, I do like it more than my g4 & m8.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really sure if I would or not. I have some minor annoyances (that make me question if I would or not)
- The lack of decent tgsp that cover the full screen (limitations due to device design apparently)
- can't edit quick toggles
- unable to put contact info on the lock screen (easily)
- lack of selection when it comes to cases, etc (guess that's to be expected when not having anything by Apple or Samsung)
- need to have GPS enabled in order to show the weather on the lock screen (I would normally keep gps off unless I'm travelling)
- the sound from the phone's speakers doesn't seem to be as loud as the g4 & m8 that I had (not a huge deal, since I've got Bluetooth speakers I can use)

These annoyances aren't deal breakers for me personally, as I know any phone I have I'll find things that I miss when comparing to prior devices. Aside from those things, I do like it more than my g4 & m8.

Anything inflexible will have an issue with a 2.5d screen, the film protectors aren't any good for the HTC 10 either. I tend to use the TPU ones myself, otherwise that might bother me too.

The quick toggles...I do wish I could modify them but it's not killing me.

Something that does bother me a bit is the bottom speaker seems to be a little too directional. It's definitely shooting the sound straight down, it's not at all being directed towards the user unless I cup my hand around it to redirect it. They could have done better with that I think, even if it was just shaping the grill to redirect the sound more forward. It's too bad, because the sound quality is very nice.

tsbrewers

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
personally I love mine, but I came from the HTC Evo3d so it is quite a step up. For me it was between the 10 and the Galaxy 7. Until I watched a drop test video. The S7 made it 4? drops before it was dead, the 10 was like 35. For me and my job, that was the selling point.

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine for a little more than 2 weeks. The only phone I would even consider is the S7. Not the edge. Simply because it seems to just barely do better in a few areas. But for me, I wasn't a fan of Touchwiz, a physical home button and the back button being on the right.

So then the only other choice for me was the 10. There will always be phones on the horizon to make you double guess a purchase. But since HTC really scaled back Sense it gave me hope for quicker updates as well. It is also the most premium phone I've owned yet. Feels great and is very quick.

Also I wanted a metal back versus a glass back. So yes, I'd get it again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milaco