Would you recommend the S10e?

flippyfloop

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I gave up & got a Pixel 3a to replace my S10e. The camera difference is night and day. Did some tests indoors & was astounded at the difference. S10e was a blurry mess, no detail at all. Happy with the Pixel but will miss wireless charge & the extra storage. Camera quality is the most important & I now have that for sure. Samsung really messed up on this camera. Such a shame as everything else is great.

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
I gave up & got a Pixel 3a to replace my S10e. The camera difference is night and day. Did some tests indoors & was astounded at the difference. S10e was a blurry mess, no detail at all. Happy with the Pixel but will miss wireless charge & the extra storage. Camera quality is the most important & I now have that for sure. Samsung really messed up on this camera. Such a shame as everything else is great.

The camera is fine, but I agree the Pixel cam is better so that does seem to fit your needs better. Good luck with it.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Well hopefully the 3a will work for you . I have the regular pixel 3 and the s10e and other than shutter speed I can't tell much difference between the 2 .
Maybe yours was defective ?
I took my s10e to Disney this year and was very happy with the pictures it took.

CraftyMe2323

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site

Could have just downloaded the pixel 3 camera port (or actually even the pixel 4 camera port at this point) on the S10e and been good to go. Night and day difference with the software processing

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I try most phones whenever they come out Samsung , pixel, iPhone,
I currently own a iPhone xs , s10, pixel 3, and s10e . In this sized phone the only thing that comes close to being as good as my s10e overall is the pixel 3 . They all have there strong suits but for me the E just wins out for the way I use my phone .
It beats the pixel 3 and iPhone xs easily on battery life . I got 15 hours off charger today with 6.5 hours screen time and 2.5 hours talk time and still had 18% left . The camera takes great pictures , not quite as good as the pixel but close enough.
video is not even close .
Get one you won't regret it .
I'm assuming when you video is not even close you're referring to the Samsung video being better?

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site

I’m glad that you are enjoying your new Pixel 3a...I still think you were just unlucky, because the general camera reviews of the S10e are very positive...certainly nowhere near being a blurry mess as you said.

Perhaps the S11 might improve on that.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I felt similarly about the S10e camera until I learned I had to turn off the Scene Optimizer and Beauty filter to get decent pictures. World of difference.

Jimmy Le1

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I had LG for awhile and hated it .. you can get brand new Factory Unlocked S10e for $450 - $500 on ebay ..
I got one and use Tmobile carrier.. so far so good..

ebrandwein

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It's an excellent phone. The only area that is not class leading is battery life. It's not bad in that area but it could be better. Otherwise, no complaints

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I am trying out a battery charge case for the S10e that I got for 24 dollars from Amazon on black friday. I did notice the camera quality is not the best on the S10e, but it's not bad either. It's definitely a bit better than my V30.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I am trying out a battery charge case for the S10e that I got for 24 dollars from Amazon on black friday. I did notice the camera quality is not the best on the S10e, but it's not bad either. It's definitely a bit better than my V30.
How is that battery case? Does it add alot of bulk? Does it charge reliably and doesn't heat up much?

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
No it was garbage. Didn't even work properly to the second charge.
I just ordered a brand new Mophie case from here

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...pre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/153781586741

Hopefully it doesn't add too much bulk, I think it's the slimmest battery case for this phone

Not that it really needs the case that bad, I was able to get over 6 hours SOT yesterday (with light tasks and optimizations) but it's nice to have in your bag when you're out and about, just in case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgegerta08