Wow.. did AT&T just upgrade the HSPA+ network here in MN?

ac0x

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow.. did AT&T just upgrade the HSPA+ network here in MN? All of a sudden I'm getting over 4Mb/s down (one time I got over 5).

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wow.. did AT&T just upgrade the HSPA+ network here in MN?

Nice. I know when I rooted my inspire I went from 1.5 mbps to 3.2 mbps. I would love to see those speeds.

ac0x

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
LOL maybe I should have shut up. Im only seeing around 2.5 to 3 now. Which is still better than normal ;) Hey just 17 more months and I can upgrade to an LTE phone (which will probably just get me in trouble because Ill download videos all day and get huge whomping data overage charges ;) )

ac0x

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Yup Im also getting around 4 now too. For sure something has improved. Im wondering if it somehow has to do with the pending LTE upgrade out here?

And of course my coworker with his Thunderbolt on LTE just made sure to let me know he was getting 15 Mb/s ;)

rp014789

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yup Im also getting around 4 now too. For sure something has improved. Im wondering if it somehow has to do with the pending LTE upgrade out here?

And of course my coworker with his Thunderbolt on LTE just made sure to let me know he was getting 15 Mb/s ;)

I just did 3 test here in Atlanta and I got 6.75 - 7.13 up and around 1.08 up.

cbulkman

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I just ran Speedtest 3x & I got:

ping 144ms - 3.19 Mbps down, .9 Mbps up
ping 141ms - 3.87 Mbps down, 1.41 Mbps up
ping 158ms - 3.48 Mbps down, .85 Mbps up

Definitely improved over what it was, but still not what I was expecting when I bought my Inspire on launch day. Non-rooted, all stock.

ac0x

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
If you're using wi-fi you're not using the AT&T network. But besides that as far as gettting better numbers, first thing to do is try other servers in SpeedTest besides the one it chooses for you automatically. If you're seeing anemic numbers you may be hitting an overloaded server and not getting realistic numbers from it. But if even that doesn't help you just may be in an area where HSPA+ coverage is just s***ty

willwoodham

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
true that. i am out in the sticks. i have a great phone signal, full bars... but its always on (E)dge, rarely or never on H???
thks for a response, any feedback would be helpfull

ac0x

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
E is Edge. Not even 3G. So youre not going to get anywhere near the speeds posted here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha