Your Phone of the Year?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I am shocked by my Xiaomi 12t that I got in Manila when I was there last month for vacation is my POY.

It just shows you don't need to spend $1,000 or the last few years, $2,000 for a phone.

Battery life is amazing and even better when I need to charge it the 120 watts lightning quick.

I love the build quality, design and performance. Xiaomi's MIUI in my opinion is the best UI/OS I've ever used on a phone. The cherry on top is of course the IR Remote Blaster.

Sent from my SM-G990W using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No surprise if you know me: Pixel 7 Pro :cool:

Fantastic performance, superb camera, the usual Google updates promise, no bloat (and no, I don't consider Google apps bloat).

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I really don't know you but still not a surprise.
giphy.gif

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am shocked by my Xiaomi 12t that I got in Manila when I was there last month for vacation is my POY.

It just shows you don't need to spend $1,000 or the last few years, $2,000 for a phone.

Battery life is amazing and even better when I need to charge it the 120 watts lightning quick.

I love the build quality, design and performance. Xiaomi's MIUI in my opinion is the best UI/OS I've ever used on a phone. The cherry on top is of course the IR Remote Blaster.

Sent from my SM-G990W using AC Forums mobile app

This phone sounds amazing! And it looks phenomenal, too! What is the camera like?

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
Googles Pixel 7 series, hands down. Both the 7 and 7P are turning out to be incredible phones all the way around. My P7 is turning out to be a fantastic daily driver.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, the Flip 4 was the only phone that I thought was worth buying this year, so I guess the Flip4.

Phones seem to get less interesting every year.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
My phone of the year is the Fold 4, followed closely by the P7P. Fold is a great combination of everything (including camera) and the screen versatility is next level.

2023 Phone of the year prediction....Pixel Fold

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Unless you look at the Asian market. I was in Manila and I wanted to buy 3-4 phones.

I'm from the UK, so chinese phones are pretty readily available here. Xiaomi are actually quite popular.

They don't really offer anything of interest to me though.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My phone of the year is the Fold 4, followed closely by the P7P. Fold is a great combination of everything (including camera) and the screen versatility is next level.

I like to see how the Pixel integrates it but will stick with Samsung for now

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I like to see how the Pixel integrates it but will stick with Samsung for now
It will be interesting to see. Oppos foldable is what I am hoping Google does. Smaller form factor, yet more square open and closed.

For me, the pixel camera on a foldable is what I am looking forward to the most.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm from the UK, so chinese phones are pretty readily available here. Xiaomi are actually quite popular.

They don't really offer anything of interest to me though.

Whenever I travel abroad, I'm always drawn to stores like Xiaomi and Oppo, since we never see them in the US! Makes my wife's eyes glaze over.:p

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I too am excited about anything involving the Pixel Fold.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Mine personally is the S21 Ultra. I had been using the Note 10+ since 2021, so pretty much a year and a half. I was looking for something that would knock my socks off, without breaking the bank or having to buy through my carrier. I had found an S21U 256gb on Ebay refurbished for 600 in mint condition, with a 30 day return policy and 1 year warranty. That was pretty incredible. The screen, the camera, the battery, the ability to use 120 refresh rate in QHD finally and add optional S pen support, I was sold. I hated losing expandable storage though, but so far, I haven't had a problem. And I can use an adapter to add files to an SD card that way, so it's not like you can't get the files to it.

I was pretty close to switching to an S20 Ultra that I got from Amazon for 360, and I really liked it... But I couldn't get past the camera issues and just the general meh of the camera. The camera on the S21U blows the S20U out of the water.

Also, I must be behind considering I think so far I am the only one here who isn't using a phone from 2022 lol I don't gotta have the latest and greatest though as I'm on a budget.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Mine personally is the S21 Ultra. I had been using the Note 10+ since 2021, so pretty much a year and a half. I was looking for something that would knock my socks off, without breaking the bank or having to buy through my carrier. I had found an S21U 256gb on Ebay refurbished for 600 in mint condition, with a 30 day return policy and 1 year warranty. That was pretty incredible. The screen, the camera, the battery, the ability to use 120 refresh rate in QHD finally and add optional S pen support, I was sold. I hated losing expandable storage though, but so far, I haven't had a problem. And I can use an adapter to add files to an SD card that way, so it's not like you can't get the files to it.

I was pretty close to switching to an S20 Ultra that I got from Amazon for 360, and I really liked it... But I couldn't get past the camera issues and just the general meh of the camera. The camera on the S21U blows the S20U out of the water.

Also, I must be behind considering I think so far I am the only one here who isn't using a phone from 2022 lol I don't gotta have the latest and greatest though as I'm on a budget.

Right on!!!

Enjoy hearing more and more people (consumers, you tubers, etc ) rocking older flagships. Truly the differences are minimal and technology on the phones are really slowing down some. Glad you're enjoying your S21....My favorite Pixel is actually the Pixel 5, and I'm debating on getting another one to rock.....

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Definitely the Pixel 7 Pro for me. I had the S22+ for most of the year before I traded it in for the 7 Pro. This is definitely the best and smoothest phone I've ever used.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej