Youtube or streaming video stops after screen lock

stainnlless

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
or increase the timeout period to 2 or 5 minutes. other than that your solution seems to be a better solution.
its a youtube app issue rather than Android itself. why do u pause until it buffers? i usually dont do it. the app itself do a good job of streaming content while playing.

also you can preload "watch later" and "subscription" you can look into that.

But i am sreaming from tvj and cvm in jamaica there is not an app for any of those

E_Allen

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
The problem is the YouTube app it's self. Google owns it. They wont allow the app to keep playing when the screen closes for Monitezation reasons. (Greed). But I see that this forum is pretty old & no one probably having this problem anymore. My problem is playing youtube with the screen off. Anyone know way around this???

anon(5597702)

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
The problem is the YouTube app it's self. Google owns it. They wont allow the app to keep playing when the screen closes for Monitezation reasons. (Greed). But I see that this forum is pretty old & no one probably having this problem anymore. My problem is playing youtube with the screen off. Anyone know way around this???

Try BGTube? (Not in the Play Store; search for the APK.)

KevinGulling

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
"The problem is the YouTube app it's self. Google owns it. They wont allow the app to keep playing when the screen closes for Monitezation reasons. (Greed). But I see that this forum is pretty old & no one probably having this problem anymore. My problem is playing youtube with the screen off. Anyone know way around this???"

This is my issue as well. I thought maybe it was my new phone, but maybe my old phone did it too.