ZTE Axon 7 Preorders Have Begun

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Nice mine too :)

Actually just got the email that the device will be ready to pick up tomorrow. Just canceled the Amazon order. I hope the software experience is good. I watched a video last night and it seemed a little clunky to me.

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Actually just got the email that the device will be ready to pick up tomorrow. Just canceled the Amazon order. I hope the software experience is good. I watched a video last night and it seemed a little clunky to me.

Best buy now shows release date as Aug 2nd and mine is still in processing. I doubt I'll be able to pick up tomorrow.

Boy they do know how to kill the hype.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Best buy now shows release date as Aug 2nd and mine is still in processing. I doubt I'll be able to pick up tomorrow.

Mine said it was preparing. Then I got an email saying it would be ready for pick up and that my card would be charged. Now, it just says processing. Not so sure myself either.

mttmks

May 9, 2013
Visit site

That's what happened to me. I at least was able to get 2 day shipping this time.

sebaird

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So pre-ordered from Amazon a few days ago, now have a ship date of 8/26 to 9/6. Was buying for my daughters birthday present, which is 9/8, so it might work out after all! Have time for some more reviews to come out and see if this is the phone I should buy her. Was also eyeing the one plus 3, but showed her the two, and she liked the axon 7 better. Will be upgrading from a s4 mini, so I'm sure either one will be a LOT better!

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Didn't pre-order. Was hoping to walk into a Best Buy and pick one up...wishful thinking I guess. Looks like I'm gonna have to be patient.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

I canceled my orders for the Axon 7. After seeing some of the videos, while I know I would enjoy the design, the UI is just not for me. I am going to stick with OnePlus 3. After the latest OS 3.2.2 update improvements, especially to notifications and video, the device is the better choice for me. The near-stock Android experience on the OnePlus 3 is the best out there. I may change my mind in the future as I see more reviews from credible reviewers.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I canceled my orders for the Axon 7. After seeing some of the videos, while I know I would enjoy the design, the UI is just not for me. I am going to stick with OnePlus 3. After the latest OS 3.2.2 update improvements, especially to notifications and video, the device is the better choice for me. The near-stock Android experience on the OnePlus 3 is the best out there. I may change my mind in the future as I see more reviews from credible reviewers.

Personally I think it's "stock enough" and audio is very important to me. One thing we just have to accept is that "near stock" is the best we can do outside the Nexus line and the odd NVIDIA tablet, and compared to the likes of a Samsung or an LG or most of the others, both OnePlus And ZTE are pretty "near stock."

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah good, I'm also thinking for cancelling. Yesterday I picked up a brand new sealed unlocked carbon gray HTC 10 for $450 in my local Craigslist. That will do for my back up audio purposes. I'm going to cancel my best buy order as well.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah good, I'm also thinking for cancelling. Yesterday I picked up a brand new sealed unlocked carbon gray HTC 10 for $450 in my local Craigslist. That will do for my back up audio purposes. I'm going to cancel my best buy order as well.

I tried the HTC 10 and was not very impressed. It is a fast phone, and it also has great audio from headphones like the ZTE, but it's screen, while very good, is not only LCD rather than AMOLED, but in vertical position, is not visible if you're wearing polarized sunglasses. This makes it almost impossible to use for navigation or on a sunny day if you're wearing good sunglasses. That was a deal breaker for me that I was not expecting.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I tried the HTC 10 and was not very impressed. It is a fast phone, and it also has great audio from headphones like the ZTE, but it's screen, while very good, is not only LCD rather than AMOLED, but in vertical position, is not visible if you're wearing polarized sunglasses. This makes it almost impossible to use for navigation or on a sunny day if you're wearing good sunglasses. That was a deal breaker for me that I was not expecting.
Yeah sun glasses is not a problem since I don't wear them that much. As far as AMOLED and LCD it's fine for me. Even in S7 I use the basic mode since I don't like over saturated colors. HTC 10 is an overall decent phone, not going to be best in any areas but a decent phone if you get for the right price. FYI I had this phone at launch but sold it for S7. Now coming back to it for some time until Note 7 or new Nexus is out.

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
but it's screen, while very good, is not only LCD rather than AMOLED, but in vertical position, is not visible if you're wearing polarized sunglasses. This makes it almost impossible to use for navigation or on a sunny day if you're wearing good sunglasses. That was a deal breaker for me that I was not expecting.

I remember when I had the M8 that drove me crazy. Like you said, makes it virtually impossible to use navigation or any part of phone if you driving with phone in landscape position while wearing sunglasses.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Went go get mine today and it's now on preorder until August 2nd. Best buy screwed that up.

Same here. I just called them to check, and despite my original order saying I could pick it up today, they now say "it will only be released by ZTE on the 2nd of August. Given that others here have gotten their orders already, I call BS on that, but there doesn't seem to be much I can do but wait at this stage.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I just called them to check, and despite my original order saying I could pick it up today, they now say "it will only be released by ZTE on the 2nd of August. Given that others here have gotten their orders already, I call BS on that, but there doesn't seem to be much I can do but wait at this stage.

ZTE misjudged the demand, they don't have enough devices to fill all the pre-orders yet. Hence, the next set of pre-orders have to wait for the next manufacturing run to finish.

Rigby Jones

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Mine has just shipped from Best Buy and has departured from Macon, GA an hour ago.

From a driving standpoint, its just under 6 hours. Might get here under the projected date of Friday unless best buy just feels like toying around with me.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm excited to get mine. I ordered the Quartz Gray though so I still have a little while to wait. Seems like a great phone for me though I'll know for sure after getting my hands on it. All the small detractors that most people seem to have aren't really deal breakers for me. It will be an odd shift going from my S6 Active but I'm looking forward to giving it a shot.

For fun, I went to the ZTE site to look at my order still in "processing" and looked at what shipping was now. Whoa! Now if you order, they are saying 9/9 shipping date. Mine said 8/17. Glad I got in when I did. It's good they have a strong demand. If the phone is as awesome as I've read, maybe the development will continue and we'll see improvements in software and the next device they release.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoverSpike