Back to s-on?

BBwhat

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Going to give the Thunderbolt to my wife. Know she doesn't want to deal with a rooted phone. Flashed my backup nandroid. Returned to earlier radios. All works well but s-off still shows during reboot. How do I get this back to complete stock so she can get OTA updates? Thanks anyone.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
If you flashed your backup, and had not removed any apps or any other changes before you made that backup... then after you get an OTA push it will reset your device back to s-on.

BBwhat

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you flashed your backup, and had not removed any apps or any other changes before you made that backup... then after you get an OTA push it will reset your device back to s-on.
Well, I tried that but the OTA update won't install. Freezes about a third of the way through. Can't figure it out yet. Still working on it.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Well, I tried that but the OTA update won't install. Freezes about a third of the way through. Can't figure it out yet. Still working on it.

Then I'd check the XDA link above... or if you did the Revolutionary root you might consider the other post above. I'm just stating what happen to me several months back... I had my device exactly as it was after I rooted it, including all bloatware apps back on my device exactly as they were (including setting permissions of the files) and after the first OTA I was back to unrooted... and had to root my device again. After that I left the stock ROM behind and have lived in the custom ROM world ever since.

BBwhat

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Then I'd check the XDA link above... or if you did the Revolutionary root you might consider the other post above. I'm just stating what happen to me several months back... I had my device exactly as it was after I rooted it, including all bloatware apps back on my device exactly as they were (including setting permissions of the files) and after the first OTA I was back to unrooted... and had to root my device again. After that I left the stock ROM behind and have lived in the custom ROM world ever since.
Tried the Revolutinary unroot procedure. Got to the point where it boots the phone in to fastboot mode. Thenwhen I type "fastboot devices" at the command prompt it tells me fastboot is not a recognized command. What gives?

dually

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Just install a pre-rooted version of the latest factory firmware.

If your wife "doesn't want to deal with a rooted phone", then she won't know the difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer