Using WiFi

SeeD65

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am a newbie and just got my Charge a few days ago. It is really a great phone and I have learned lots through trial and error.

I have Wifi set-up at home and have connected to it. However, how does one know if you are downloading somethng using WiFi or for the 4G network? Both Wifi and 4G symbols are on the top portion of the display.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming it would go through the stronger, more stable connection, and you would see the arrows flashing on the 4g symbol if it was being used.. why do you have 4g enabled if you're on wifi. you're eating away at your battery double time!

SeeD65

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming it would go through the stronger, more stable connection, and you would see the arrows flashing on the 4g symbol if it was being used.. why do you have 4g enabled if you're on wifi. you're eating away at your battery double time!

That was a big question of mine. If I am home on WiFi how do I switch back and forth from WiFi to 4G? I am a real newbie :)

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Pull down the bar from the top. It.will show all the types of connections like gps, mobile data, Bluetooth and wifi. What you want to do is turn mobile (4G) off and wifi on. Reverse this when you leave the vicinity of the wifi you're on to go back to 4G

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Just adding this but depending on where you live wifi can be a lot faster too. And if the signals weak it'll be slower and take more battery.