Droid DNA: What happened to wireless charging?

BBwhat

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded the 4.2.2/Sense 5 update with no problems. Last night turned my phone off and placed on the pad to charge over night as usual. The amber charge light along with a giant screen icon of a battery blinked on and off ALL NIGHT LONG (very annoying). In the morning the charge status was exactly the same as the evening before, about 34%. Turned the phone on and it charges fine on the wireless pad. Anyone else encounter this? Also, this morning the phone was noticeably warmer than any time "charging" before.

Last edited by a moderator:

dewwit

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: What happened to wireless charging?

I updated yesterday and have had no problems using the charging pad. Good luck, hope you find the problem.

rdoublez

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Just saw this thread. I've had to return two DNAs because the wireless charging just spontaneously stopped working... it would charge for a few minutes and then cut off, until you re-seated the phone on the pad. Or it would occasionally stop and start repeatedly as I think you describe here.

They tested the issue at the Verizon store the first time and were able to duplicate it. They mailed me a replacement. The second time they didn't test, and just mailed me a replacement. (Then again I'm on my 6th DNA in a year; not sure why I still love this thing but I really do.)

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm on my 6th DNA in a year; not sure why I still love this thing but I really do.

Holy cow, how?? I had to get mine replaced once because of battery/GPS issues, but how did you manage to get 6 duds? is your current one working fine?

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Since the update I think wireless charging while the phone is OFF is a no go. I have the same issue, won't charge if the phone is powered down, if it's on it charges

David Mandel

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

I found a solution: "Safe Charge" app found in the Google App Store. Install it and forget it. Wireless charger works just like it did prior to the upgrade. Hope this helps.

sonja77

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

I haven't had any problem with wireless charging since the update.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

rdoublez

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Ha, yeah, current one is working fine.

First two had the dreaded SIM card error.
Third one had the faulty wireless charging.
Fourth one had a broken speakerphone mic.
Fifth one also had faulty wireless charging.

All of them except the first have been CPO, so you know how well Verizon maintains the quality of those...

Had a battery draining issue on first installing the latest update, but it's since corrected itself.

BBwhat

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Called Verizon who contacted HTC. The solution: factory reset. Evidently one of my apps interfered with wireless charging while the phone was off. The reset did the trick, I tried loading just the apps I thought were critical and, whamo!, no wireless charging when off, again. Doing another reset and loading apps one at a time while checking charging capability is too much of a hassle. Going to try Safe Charge and see if it works. Otherwise I'll just live with it. Thanks all for the help and recommendations.