Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stuck on 4.1.1, can't update, help would be appreciated!

I just recently swapped sims into my DNA after my previous phone took a swim, but it's still on jelly bean. I go to the settings and press check for new update but nothing happens, nothing pops up. I opened HTC Sync Manager and I can't find anywhere to manually update the software there either. Any ideas? Thanks so much.

Default Re: Stuck on 4.1.1, can't update, help would be appreciated!

You might have to take matters into your own hands and root. Then you could install the official update yourself or any other ROM you wish.

Can someone give me a step by step walkthrough on how to root/unlock bootloader/s-off - xda-developers

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I copied this from an earlier post: It sounds like you need a new sim card. This has have to me in the past. There was an update last year that I tried to get but my phone could not find it. Verizon sent me a replacement sim after I complained a bit and instantly after installing the new sim the update was available to download.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

My personal opinion? You're missing nothing. Each update has introduced new problems more frustrating than the last. If I could I'd trade phones with you.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk