Still have not received GB update

lherch

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I check software update a million times a day and I still don't have the update. Any thoughts, do I have a bad phone or just bad luck?

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I suppose there were bound to be problems with the GB roll out. I would try calling Verizon first. Then HTC after that. My guess is that one or both may suggest a hard reset. But maybe VZW can do a manual update. Dunno.

lherch

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I've done all the things you've suggested, hard reset 6 times so far, called Verizon, they said take to the store. Took it to the store, they said there was nothing they could do. I've gotten the new Market app, so you would think I'd have the new software. Strange... By the way, this is my second I2, I sold the first one to try a TMobile MyTouch, lasted only for a day. No signal, shocking! Anyway, with the first I2, I got the update the night it was released, that's why I'm so confused about this one not getting the update.

d_toll

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My father didn't get his for a while either. Then we realized that it said he was in an "Extended Network" area. Once we drove to a "Verizon Wireless" area, i was able to update the phone. Didn't know that made a difference until now. One of the downsides of living in a small town in Southern Illinois i guess.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I've done all the things you've suggested, hard reset 6 times so far, called Verizon, they said take to the store. Took it to the store, they said there was nothing they could do.

That's BS. The stores are able to upgrade phones. I would go back to the store and talk to a manager.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbledore