Droid Incredible Won't Send or Receive Picture Messages

socal000

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem for a few weeks now, I'm hoping to find a fix for it here.

I've had my Incredible for a little over a year now, but this problem just started within the last few weeks.

My Incredible can't send or receive picture messages.

When I try to send a picture message, I get a notification saying "Unable to send message. Generic network failure". After a few notifications like that, it says "Unable to send message after multiple attempts" or something like that. Then when somebody sends me a picture message, I get an option to either "Download" or "Discard" the message, and when I try to download, it says "Message not downloaded. Unknown error"

This started a few weeks ago when my Incredible kept shutting off and restarting by itself, until finally, it shut off, then when it turned back on, set all of the display back i=to it's defaults. Default background picture, no apps or widgets. I still had all of my apps, pictures, videos, and sounds. But all of my contacts were deleted, as well as my ringtones.

I got all my contacts and everything back, but I still cant send or receive pictures messages, which I would really like to do.

When I brought it to a Verizon store recently, and described my problems, I was given a new battery, and I put in the new battery, and it still won't send or receive messages.

ANY help, suggestions, fixes, or anything is much appreciated.

Thank you.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Clear the cache out of the messaging app, and other apps as well. It sounds like a space issue.

under menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All Clear cache out of anything you can. Also delete old text/MMS messages from the messaging app.

Hope this helps.

staffordjm

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Any solutions to this problem? I've got the same thing happening. It appears to be all MMS messages, both video/pic and long txt messages from services other than Verizon.

I took my phone into the Verizon store a while back and they assured me that doing a factory reset on my phone (and reloading and reconfiguring all my apps... ugh) would solve all my problems. I'm not really prepared to spend days doing that. I'm hoping for a better solution.

Johnie