Anyone use a Samsung Network Extender?

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
This might not belong in the INC forum, but I do use an INC.

Our office is on the lower level of the building. Part of our office is literally underground. On my previous phone, MOTO Droid, I could NOT receive or make a call from my desk. I had to stand by the front door to make or receive a call. On my INC I can sometimes make/receive a call at my desk. I have been doing some research on the Samsung Network Extender that VZW sells for $199 (before a $100 rebate). I understand that it doesn't boost a data signal, but it appears to boost the 1x signal so that we can make and receive calls and texts from within the office. A concern that I have read online is that if the GPS signal isn't a strong signal the unit will stop working if the GPS signal is lost. Does anyone use this device and if so, how does it work for you?

Thanks,
Bryan

Shotinthenads

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine works great I had to run an extra long cable and leave the extender outside for a while until it got a lock and set up. I am confident it does not receive a gps signal in the current location. I thought it only needed a gps signal for initial 911 setup? In any event I am very happy with mine

Last edited:

stoneman10

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
We have one set up and it has increased our signal reception. I've never had a phone work in the bedroom and now it does. I'm not sure how the GPS antennae fits into the picture but they are pretty emphatic about having it on or near a window. This unit covers about 5500 s.f. or a 40' radius so consider your distance from the location of the unit and its location to your wireless router. There is also a bug. It has no effect on the signal bars on the Incredible however if you watch the signal strength (menu>settings>about phone>network), mine will go from -105 at the edge of the 40' radius to -65 near the extender.