Need a replacement Incredible

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
So I'm having signal issues like crazy and my trackpad is starting to act funny. If I call Verizon for a replacement phone will it take a month for me to get it? I'm also still within my 30 days so should I ask for a brand new one and not a used one?

gypsy76#AC

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
im having major failure with the power on mine still within 30 days, verizon offered to send a certified like new one out, but heres the kicker i got it at best buy, but they dont have anymore, so hmmm not sure what to do either i can handle it not "completely" holding a charge, but it does suck that i bought it new and 3 weeks and 2 replacement batteries later, they want to offer me a refurbished one. sucks ehh might wait and see if i can score a new one at best buy !

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
The "refurbs" aren't what you may think.. The phone is brand new, so guess what the "refurbs" are? You guessed it, brand new devices just in a plain box. ;)

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
The "refurbs" aren't what you may think.. The phone is brand new, so guess what the "refurbs" are? You guessed it, brand new devices just in a plain box. ;)

That's what the rep said. She said they are all new cuz the phone is so popular. She found some in a local warehouse and is shipping to me overnight. I'm soo happy.

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
Yeah Idk how there can be any refurbs already since it just launched. It's just a stock set aside for replacements to start, and as they get returned or exchanged they'll have some refurbs.

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Actually, refurbs, or certified like new devices are not new phones. They are defects off of the product line. Among the 4-5 replacement Eris's that I have recieved, 2 of them had pixels that were dead, one with a defective charging port and another with a scratch in the screen. I'm sure all of that got through the "testing" process of the "like-new" phone.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Ah don't even get me started on those freakin Eris's. Never had an issue with them until they pushed this 2.1 update. Now those refurbs are coming to you with 2.1 already on them.....grrr

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Qazme: Yep! Sad times indeed :( It's a nice entry level android device, but since 2.1...the phone is total crap. Thank god I got them to switch me to an Incredible.

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Actually, refurbs, or certified like new devices are not new phones. They are defects off of the product line. Among the 4-5 replacement Eris's that I have recieved, 2 of them had pixels that were dead, one with a defective charging port and another with a scratch in the screen. I'm sure all of that got through the "testing" process of the "like-new" phone.

Y would they send a defective phone?

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
You tell me. Defectives from the product line are usually fixed then sent to carriers as a replacement device. Sometimes...some of them just get through the testing somehow.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Qazme: Yep! Sad times indeed :( It's a nice entry level android device, but since 2.1...the phone is total crap. Thank god I got them to switch me to an Incredible.

I would be interested in how you did this, because I'm tired of the wifes phone being completely crappy. We are on the third replacement now with the silent call bug etc.

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I would be interested in how you did this, because I'm tired of the wifes phone being completely crappy. We are on the third replacement now with the silent call bug etc.

I posted in the Eris forum about it, the link is here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-droid-eris/18988-calling-about-eris-problems.html#post181266

My post with the email of what I included:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-droid-eris/18988-calling-about-eris-problems-3.html#post191285

(Both will have the same name, but will lead to different parts of the thread)

Last edited:

JBurger538

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I feel your pain! I got my phone back on 6/1, after playing around on it for a few days I realized that no one was getting any of my texts. So I take it to the store to troubleshoot and the very helpful csr says there is something wrong with my core applications. So to make a long story short, I am still without my D-Inc and after getting 3 orders canceled in the mean time, I should have my replacement by 7/26. That is terrible customer service. I completely understand the huge demand for the phone but verizon screwed up by not keeping a partial stockpile of these phones for these kinds of situations.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
They did if you would have done it over the phone your wait for a replacement would have been drastically shorter.

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I feel your pain! I got my phone back on 6/1, after playing around on it for a few days I realized that no one was getting any of my texts. So I take it to the store to troubleshoot and the very helpful csr says there is something wrong with my core applications. So to make a long story short, I am still without my D-Inc and after getting 3 orders canceled in the mean time, I should have my replacement by 7/26. That is terrible customer service. I completely understand the huge demand for the phone but verizon screwed up by not keeping a partial stockpile of these phones for these kinds of situations.

Y do u have to wait till 7/26? I called cs yesterday and my replacement is coming today.