OTA update

WFMike

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well I tried getting some help in the root/Rom board but to little avail so I'll try here :)

Yesterday I woke up and it said there was a new update for my phone, now the problem is I have a rooted phone running uncommon sense v1.1. I don't know what will happen if do this update nor do I want to cause it says it'll install some apps from Verizon I don't want. I need to know if there is a way to get rid of it? The help I did receive was to follow upstreammiami's thread on blocking OTA, but that didn't stop the OTA from showing up and it started causing a force close to pop up so I restored my phone to stop the force close but still have the OTA. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, this is the 3rd time some one has created a thread for the past 1-2 weeks now about this mysterious OTA. What's the deal?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
there isn't an OTA OS update for the Incredible. He may have received an update on an application he has. I have.

WFMike

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
there isn't an OTA OS update for the Incredible. He may have received an update on an application he has. I have.

Don't know what it is and don't care, but here's what the update says when I click on it. Begin quot

"Android Update
Downloaded and verified

This software update includes the insallation of V CAST Apps, Slacker, and many other improvements for your DROID Incredible by HTC. You will be unable to use your device or make emergency calls during the update, which is expected to take 5 to 15 minutes but could take longer. The software updates automatically, and your DROID Incredible will power off and on as part of this software update. For more information please visit:

iPhone, Cell Phones, Smartphones, Refurb/CPO Phones with the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless
droidincrediblesupport"

End quot

It still continues to pop up and tries to make me update every so often which gets a bit annoying since I don't know what this'll do to my rooted phone were I to update. Like I said in my previous post I tried following Upstreammiami's block OTA guide on page 9 (maybe 10 by now) of the Roms/Root board, and all it did was cause a framework error to start popping up on my phone so I did a restore and tried following his very simple guide two more times with the same result, so if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember there ever being a solution that worked to block this update. I eventually loaded Skyraider and that made it finally go away. Running CM7 now.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Here is the only thing I found so far and will continue to look for away to block the update.

A quick fix for the OP would be to try flashing a different Rom that should do the trick since there are so many others that are not getting this OTA update.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984