Froyo update for rooted Fascinate

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been seeing posts about Froyo update being made available for Fascinate (OTA / pushed). So how long do we need to wait for the update for rooted device?

jerkules

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Umm...what? I haven't seen any posts on people with Fascinates getting Froyo via OTA, nor have I seen any indication that one is coming anytime soon.

jerkules

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I see the report but there isn't any indication that it's Froyo. For S&G's, I did a manual check for an update and did get an update, however it was to change DH12 to DI01 and failed to install. I think because I'm rooted that it may not have recognized that I already have the OTA for DI01.

On a side note, my current build number is SCH-I500.DH12 and my baseband is DI01. Still though I'm intrigued to see where it will go.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
verizon probably won't put it out for another month at least. Root by itself might not preclude you from the OTA, but if you have more done (Voodoo, ROMs) you'll probably have to wait a couple of days for someone to put out a .zip you can flash. Look at it as a blessing in disguise, I'd bet my last dime that update will be riddled with bugs.

jerkules

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
The mystery of the Froyo update on Halloween has been solved, at least this one. The guy whose wife got 2.2 in fact got the 2.1 update, late. Here is the result of the investigation.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Look at it as a blessing in disguise, I'd bet my last dime that update will be riddled with bugs.

That's true. It certainly was for the X, it seems. So you think the best strategy would be to not immediately go back to stock to get 2.2, but to wait for a rooted zip version to come out that would hopefully/probably be bugless?

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
The mystery of the Froyo update on Halloween has been solved, at least this one. The guy whose wife got 2.2 in fact got the 2.1 update, late. Here is the result of the investigation.

Thanks. I just saw it too :)

Having said that, I am getting really impatient about the delay in the update. Knowing Verizon, Fascinate will probably be the last among the four to get the update. Gingerbread man is already standing tall on google campus and yet we are still waiting for Froyo

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
That's true. It certainly was for the X, it seems. So you think the best strategy would be to not immediately go back to stock to get 2.2, but to wait for a rooted zip version to come out that would hopefully/probably be bugless?

Oh the first zip will have all the bugs more than likely because everyone will want froyo stat. I'm not touching it for a couple of weeks. My phone flies on 2.1, personally. Maybe if theres a real GPS fix in froyo I'll start getting excited.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I just saw it too :)

Having said that, I am getting really impatient about the delay in the update. Knowing Verizon, Fascinate will probably be the last among the four to get the update. Gingerbread man is already standing tall on google campus and yet we are still waiting for Froyo

some people are still waiting for eclair, so we're not THAT bad off. :p

the update will come, but i wouldn't expect anything before the end of november at the earliest.

if i'm wrong, you just get a pleasant surprise. if i'm right, then you don't get your hopes up needlessly :)

if you've done things to your phone (rooted, voodoo, etc) it's probably easier to wait for a zip that can be flashed in cwm

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
some people are still waiting for eclair, so we're not THAT bad off. :p

the update will come, but i wouldn't expect anything before the end of november at the earliest.

if i'm wrong, you just get a pleasant surprise. if i'm right, then you don't get your hopes up needlessly :)

if you've done things to your phone (rooted, voodoo, etc) it's probably easier to wait for a zip that can be flashed in cwm
I'm rooted so I'm not going with ota update. Im gonna wait for the zip even though I'm on stock kernel.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Oh the first zip will have all the bugs more than likely because everyone will want froyo stat. I'm not touching it for a couple of weeks. My phone flies on 2.1, personally. Maybe if theres a real GPS fix in froyo I'll start getting excited.

You're right. I'm not waiting for froyo for gps fix. I don't have any real problemwith gps. I just want to change the navigator voice on google nav to british voice using svox. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossfrey