dlo9 root questions

mdram#AC

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
i was rooted with dl01, got the ota, and installed it

now i cannot re-root
i tried z4, the oneclick, edited one click, and manual

everything appears o run fine, no errors with them manual or one click

but after reboot i have no root. cant run barnacle, and the adb shell brings up $. i had the # prior to reboot.

any ideas?
even tried a factory reset and still same thing

im stumped

dhdmart

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
mdram.....I have the same issue, but mine is a little different. Some of the rooted apps will work but others wont. Drocap works as well as anreboot, but like yours barnacle and one click lag fix keeps saying I need to be rooted.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i was rooted with dl01, got the ota, and installed it

now i cannot re-root
i tried z4, the oneclick, edited one click, and manual

everything appears o run fine, no errors with them manual or one click

but after reboot i have no root. cant run barnacle, and the adb shell brings up $. i had the # prior to reboot.

any ideas?
even tried a factory reset and still same thing

im stumped

download to your pc blackhole 3.0. drop it on your sd card. plug your phone into your pc in download mode. flash odin. reboot into recovery. apply update.zip. flash blackhole 3.0, it is already rooted. this should work.

readimag

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
yea if you did not unroot your phone before the OTA dl09 you need to do that cause it thinks it still is even if it is not. If you go to the root page it has step by step how to unroot just make sure you give your self temp superuser first. I had to do it also cause I forgot to unroot was a pain in the ass but worked great after that.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No it won't but there has been a couple times with this same situation that it works and over write on a second attempt try it out .if it doesn't work ill try and find a work around
Cory.....so method 3 will uninstall and reinstall the superuser?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

dhdmart

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys another dumb question sorry......when I try and use the third method from the post, I get ino the command box copy and paste as instructed, but when I copy in the adb command it gives me this "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" what am I doing wrong?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
You need android sdk tools. Im sorry I should add that. Ill work on adding a section for that asap
Ok guys another dumb question sorry......when I try and use the third method from the post, I get ino the command box copy and paste as instructed, but when I copy in the adb command it gives me this "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" what am I doing wrong?

dhdmart

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Also, maybe this is because of all the stuff I am trying to do with my phone, but something is eating through my battery like you would not believe.....is there something I can do?

dhdmart

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Another thing I have noticed when I ran the one click, it will say what it is trying to push to your phone and it has the rage.bin and busy box, with the amount of space.....mine will say that is pushed 0 bytes in a certain amount of seconds.....is this saying that it is not loading the essential things to root the phone?

mdram#AC

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
No it won't but there has been a couple times with this same situation that it works and over write on a second attempt try it out .if it doesn't work ill try and find a work around

tried many times, no dice, how do i uninstall su?