Verizon Update

brex

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
For some reason Verizon is offering me an update to a 4g phone with no early upgrade free, help me decide on a phone?

I like the nexsus, expect the lack of microsd card, and the 5mp camera is kinda meh.

The razr looks decent, but I'e read that it has a locked bootloader, so kinda hard to root and mess around with.

What other phones have good specs and are easy to root/customize?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
For some reason Verizon is offering me an update to a 4g phone with no early upgrade free, help me decide on a phone?

I like the nexsus, expect the lack of microsd card, and the 5mp camera is kinda meh.

The razr looks decent, but I'e read that it has a locked bootloader, so kinda hard to root and mess around with.

What other phones have good specs and are easy to root/customize?

1. Nexus
2. Rezound
3. Razr
4. Charge (4G version of the Fascinate, kinda sorta)

Curious, what prompted all of this? What were the circumstances? I wonder why Verizon would make such an offer, that seems very unlike them! I actually love my Fascinate with all the great ROMS available now, so not looking for anything myself, just really curious.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Curious, what prompted all of this? What were the circumstances? I wonder why Verizon would make such an offer, that seems very unlike them! I actually love my Fascinate with all the great ROMS available now, so not looking for anything myself, just really curious.

I too love my Fasn8 but I might be tempted to reup if there were a REALLY good phone out there. Otherwise if I wait until the end of the year (when I am eligible) there will sure to be hotter phones out there.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I too love my Fasn8 but I might be tempted to reup if there were a REALLY good phone out there. Otherwise if I wait until the end of the year (when I am eligible) there will sure to be hotter phones out there.

I'm in the same boat, my contract goes through November of this year. There should be a lot to pick from by then, possibly the GSIII. I'm so happy about the latest ROMS for the Fascinate though, I really have no interest in anything else...unless I could get something for free, of course! :D

Downwind

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
The same thing happened to me. I wasn't due for an update until the summer but my Fassy has been rebooting itself daily since the GB update. When I called to complain they volunteered an update. I just got my Galaxy Nexus. Wow! The Fassy is a toy next to it. 4G is amazing!

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happened to me. I wasn't due for an update until the summer but my Fassy has been rebooting itself daily since the GB update. When I called to complain they volunteered an update. I just got my Galaxy Nexus. Wow! The Fassy is a toy next to it. 4G is amazing!

Congrats! Did you have to sign a new 2 year deal? I assume you did, just curious.

brex

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
1. Nexus
2. Rezound
3. Razr
4. Charge (4G version of the Fascinate, kinda sorta)

I'm not sure, I believe I first singed up the November before last, so I'm only in a little over a year. I love how I can customize the fascinate, which is one of the reasons I hesitant, however a couple apps (dugeon defenders) lags a bit, choppy. So a nice dual core phone is tempting.

brex

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Do any other phones have a good selection of custom roms, or ics? I have 4.04 on my fascinate right now, and it's good to me.