Now that it's official, What are you doing?

Will you be getting a Galaxy Nexus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll be upgrading my wife to this from her iPhone 3GS (and switching her to Verizon obviously). I recently got my Thunderbolt so I can't upgrade yet, but at least I'll be able to play with her phone.

zemongoose

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Damn, that news does not work for me either im up in March and was hoping to beg and grovel for them to let me upgrade early so i can get this phone. I wonder if i tell them im willing to bypass the loyalty discount and just let me pay the new subscriber fee then i would do that.

Hello, I am new here. I am probably 90% going to get the Galaxy Nexus; Verizon is notorious for putting on it's bloatware, I don't see why the Rezound or the Razr would be any different. I also don't think you're going to have to worry about pre-ordering; Verizon is actually going to put more of their marketing muscle behind the Razr because they use the Droid branding.

Philip, yes you keep unlimited data as long as you stay on a smartphone. Never ever change to a simple phone even as a back up. Verizon also has a trade in program but you can actually just get more money selling it to someone else who needs a phone.

mtcowdog

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it may be too large for me. :-(

Ditto. I also want to see what the battery life is like. My phone goes running, skiing, mountain biking, hiking, field work, and so on, very often using the gps for long periods of time. In the car, in the office, on a bus, at home ... the larger screen would be great, but for most of those locations I have other tech/computing options. Phones are getting smarter but not necessarily more mobile. I love what I'm seeing with ICS and won't buy a non-Nexus android phone. I just don't need a mini-tablet. We'll see.

awkgrep

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Max of 32GB with no micro sd slot is a no-no for me. The 1750mah battery makes me nervous as well.
And it's not even clear how available the 32GB model will be, e.g. Clove's only selling the 16GB one.
I have a 32GB sd card in my current phone--I can't see downgrading to something with less total storage.
It's not the card slot itself that's the issue really, but just the total space available. If the Galaxy Nexus it had a 64GB option like the iPhone 4S, then it might be more of a tough choice, but as things stand now I'm sticking with my original plan and getting a Galaxy Note.
Samsung's getting my money in any case. :)

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I've already decided - I bought a Droid 3 earlier this week. I exchanged a Bionic for it after having it for 12 days.

A few reasons: The 4G network is too problematic (the Bionic was randomly dropping 3G connections in places where I know 3G is great). I thought that the Bionic was too big, and the Nexus is even worse.

I'm happy to wait to ICS to make it to the Droid 3 - a phone with a 3G network I can depend on, decent battery life, and a phone that's small enough that I can sit down with the phone in my front pants pocket. Hopefully in 20 months 4G will be mature enough and there will be great handsets with reasonably sized displays.

droidbeat

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I meant to reply to the person who asked if I really pitched a tent. No. But, I will storm the gates of Hell for this phone the instant it is available.

grundyman

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
"Heck Yes" ****but only if I get the 32gb version... since I'm still on a BB-Storm post orig droid death.

Then next year, as soon as a phone launches with a gdamn SD card slot and similar specs I'm jumping to that....

If no 32gb version can be aquired, I'm either holding on to my hated BB storm, or getting the Razor, pending battery life reviews.

Dude , do you really still have the storm??? i had the storm and the storm 2 , four androids since then. i can tell you, you are suffering big time

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
You Betcha! Moving from the HTC Thunderbolt. I am very happy with my Thunderbolt since the Gingerbread update, but I want a clean Google Phone. I want the most current OS updates, not requiring the manufacture to update their skins or VZW not allowing an update. ICS is the bonus. The Galaxy Nexus, while not an extreme phone, specs wise, very pleased with all the features as a whole. Done Deal.

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm torn between the nexus,razor or iphone4s. I'm waiting until the nexus and razor comes out and then I'll make my decision on what I want.

precon22

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys so I went to the dark side and I know some of you will post some snarky responses but that's fine.. Thank you for all the help... and ice cream sandwich should be awesome I'll he here checking it out but one to different pastures apple..

lkbig

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I would but it lacks a Micro SD:confused:. That is an absolute must for me. I'll wait for something running ICS and has MicroSD.

bulvine420

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Its a great time to be on verizon and grandfathered in for unlimited Data. Lots of choices coming at the same time i may spend a few hours at verizon checking out these three beasts. im 99.9 percent sure im getting a Nexus!

JmarkD

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had the Samsung Fascinate since it came out in the Fall of 2010. The choice is, of course, between the Galaxy Nexus and the Motorola RAZR. I am going to have to hold each in my hand. I am still one of those people that have to feel the device in my hand to make the final choice. Stats and pictures are great - but at the end of the day it is about the feel and usability.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Im getting the Nexus 32g of onboard storage is enough for me.
This phone will retire my dx,still keeping my incredible activated.

I dont wont another moto phone with locked bootloader like the RAZR will be thats what ruled out that phone for me.

The Nexus will get its updates straight from google I think too.
I will preorder as soon as its available to do so.
sent via TaPaTaLk

Last edited:

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a Droid 3 right now. Very good phone in my opinion.

I'm between the Nexus and the RAZR. Leaning toward the Nexus simply for 4.0. However, I have to admit, based on my Droid 3 experience, I like what Moto does with devices. Build quality, features, etc. Going to be a difficult decision.

I know the Nexus is supposed to be somewhat bloat free, but the mere fact that it's on verizon kinda of makes that impossible. So we'll have to see what it actually has and doesn't before I can really decide. The bloat on my Droid 3 hasn't really been an issue for me. It doesn't hinder me from doing anything I normally do.