Let's talk Verizon real quick

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I hadn't really planned to respond to this thread but I will. I've only been with Verizon for a tad under three years (which is why I didn't think this was enough time to warrant an entry here).

I've had one negative experience with support and that was within the first week of my leaving Sprint and signing up with Verizon. However, when I went back to the store to close the account and go back to Sprint the store rep that I dealt with when I signed up made it worth my while to stay and was very apologetic and assured me that my experience was not typical.

In the three years since then I've had a few ups and downs with phones but Verizon has bent over backwards to keep me happy. If I act like a reasonable person when I call, am firm but treat the phone rep with courtesy I find that I usually get what I want or some reasonable response.

Service and service area are key for me since I live in a very rural area and Verizon has it covered almost completely. ATT is not even an option out here, TMO signals literally drop from room to room and sprint is very spotty and only goes out a few miles from the interstate.

I will be staying with Verizon until they do something to make me want to leave but so far they have worked to keep me as a customer and I'm still here so they must be doing something right.

And yes, you will pay for the coverage, quality and service.

3 years not enough time to offer your opinion of them as a service provider? how the heck long does it take to figure out your opinion of a carrier!!! im just bustin your chops but, i thought that was funny! very informative though!

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
VVM is definitely not free.

Verizon is awesome. But you will pay for said awesomeness. They wont do you any favors anytime soon. Buying phones off contract is a joke. On ATT you can get global and pop in a SIM. Verizon is CDMA. Meaning off-contract replacement is a joke.

What's the issue with off contract replacement?

I will simply move my sim card over.

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
New question about Verizon. Do they let you get the full benefit of subsidizing with a two year contract when you are only 12 months into an existing contract?

I've heard that most carriers do this - allow someone to enter a new 24 month contract (and get a phone discounted) even though the original contract is only half complete. Has anyone done this on Verizon?

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
New question about Verizon. Do they let you get the full benefit of subsidizing with a two year contract when you are only 12 months into an existing contract?

I've heard that most carriers do this - allow someone to enter a new 24 month contract (and get a phone discounted) even though the original contract is only half complete. Has anyone done this on Verizon?

yes.. I bought a family plan in sept. 2010. Earlier this month I already upgraded both lines to iphone 4's.. the secondary line cost me a 20 dollar early upgrade fee but since I was never told I was going to have that charge incur, they just added a 20 dollar credit to my account a few days ago after I called. (gotta love the customer service on Verizon). I exchanged the Iphone4's almost instantly (anyone who uses an iphone is a complete imbecile and has no taste whatsoever.. sorry but thats just how I feel) and I got the secondary line swapped to the HTC Rhyme, and left the primary line alone.

(this cost me 70 dollars in restocking fees btw, but oh well)

I went back to the store the next day and it turns out for some reason my original line's upgrade date never reset.. So we called verizon tech support from the store, and within a few minutes they reset my date and I can check on verizon.com / amazonwireless.com / wirefly.com and in store now and they all show me as eligible for an upgrade.

Sorry that got sorta long.. but the basic point I'm making is Im only halfway into my original 24month contract and already eligible for an upgrade.

AndrewWestSide

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site

The primary account holder used to get annual upgrades on two year contracts but not anymore.

If you are already in a contract from before they made the change then you may have one annual upgrade left.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've never had any problems with Verizon. At the 18 month mark of my contract I'll be able to upgrade. It would be better if I could have it annually, but I can live with it.

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been with verizon for four and a half years so far. I have nothing bad to say about them, I have had no problems with service, I have always had a constant bill with no weird charges. I cannot say anything about their customers service because I have never had to deal with them.

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Since Verizon will finally have a Nexus device. It's now safe to say they will have the best phones to choose from with the best coverage, customer service and fastest 4g...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard