Release Dec. 8th?

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Think about it like this.... Us soon to be G Nexus owners have to wait till Dec. 8th. It's looking more and more like it. I didn't believe it at first but its all coming together. BUT!!! This week is going to fly by. Most will have a short work week. Vacation, Thanksgiving, Blackfriday and NCAAFB/NFL weekend. It will be Monday Nov 28th before we know it. Then well only have a week and a half till purchase! So its not all THAT bad. Ha, look at the ones that ordered the iPhone 4s weeks ago and they have to wait till Dec 9th for their shipments. And we have it bad?? lol

jimbosi

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
It looks to me that Verizon is giving the RAZR and Rezound one last chance (Black Friday) to recover some sales before moving on. That said, I agree with others that nearly two months will have passed since the ICS announcement. It's possible Moto and HTC put pressure on Verizon to delay launch in addition to recovering sales from a stagnant inventory of both phones.

I guess a key thing I don't know is how iterative relations are between OEMs and Verizon. Does Verizon sign a contract, pay for the phones and take it from there, or do the OEMs influence how their products are sold?

I'm not in the business world, so forgive my na?vet?. I just think Verizon is disappointed with RAZR/Rezound sales and are hoping yet to recover. I think they must realize demand is pent-up for the G-Nex.

So still, I blame Verizon for their inept handling of a truly new product (ICS, that is). Probably both Google and Samsung are annoyed, but in the end, it's Verizon's phone. I guess they're free to dispose of their inventory as they wish. It may make Google think twice with the Nexus Quattro.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
With all the trouble I'm reading about the GSM version (the volume issue) I will gladly wait on the VZW phone if it doen't have the same issues. Verizon, be my friend, I will gladly accept your two bloat apps and your logo on the back, if your version doesn't have these issues, I will patiently wait for 12/8 after you've sold a boatload of Razr's & Rezound's LOL!!

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
With all the trouble I'm reading about the GSM version (the volume issue) I will gladly wait on the VZW phone if it doen't have the same issues. Verizon, be my friend, I will gladly accept your two bloat apps and your log on the back, if your version doen't have these issues, I will patiently wait for 12/8 after you've sold a boatload of Razr's & Rezound's LOL!!

If the issue is only with EDGE, then the Verizon model can't have this exact problem. Now if it has a similar problem, we can worry. Verizon doesn't have EDGE, they have 1xRTT, EVDO and LTE for data networks. This is why we haven't heard any of this until now. All the testers in the US have had the LTE version.

Reactions: qnet

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
At this point I don't care when it is anymore. I did what I originally said and today I "rented" a Razr until the nexus comes out.....I'm done with Verizon's bs

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
With all the trouble I'm reading about the GSM version (the volume issue) I will gladly wait on the VZW phone if it doen't have the same issues. Verizon, be my friend, I will gladly accept your two bloat apps and your logo on the back, if your version doesn't have these issues, I will patiently wait for 12/8 after you've sold a boatload of Razr's & Rezound's LOL!!

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/11/21/video-galaxy-nexus-volume-issue-could-be-hardware-related/

Well it just might be hardware and maybe Verizon actually caught it, hence a delay for more testing?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
http://www.droid-life.com/2011/11/21/video-galaxy-nexus-volume-issue-could-be-hardware-related/

Well it just might be hardware and maybe Verizon actually caught it, hence a delay for more testing?

Yeah, I seen that but, I think that's a GSM model. From what I've been reading it affects the phone when it switches to a 2G signal (Edge or G). The frequency is 900Mhz and from my understanding Verizon doen't use this band. I know LTE is 700Mhz, I'm not sure about 1X or EVDO (3G).

It's sucks waiting but, like I mentioned before, if it's just because they want the two bloat apps to run correctly or the Razr & Rezound to sell I can live with that vs. having a hardware issue. Even if they're testing it to make sure, that doesn't bother me.

I hate waiting but, I'd rather have a fully functioning phone hardware-wise. Software can be patched but, we would have to send our phones back if it's hardware. that would suck after having the phone in our hands.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else picked up on the subtle note about a delay in the wording?

"The Samsung Nexus is now scheduled to launch...12/8."

The word 'now' sure seems to indicate that this reflects a change of plan. So if this is a faked document, then it is well done so as to stoke the fires of the conspiracy theories. But if it is a real document, then it confirms that the launch is effectively later than originally planned (read: 11/21 w/o).

companyman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else picked up on the subtle note about a delay in the wording?

"The Samsung Nexus is now scheduled to launch...12/8."

The word 'now' sure seems to indicate that this reflects a change of plan. So if this is a faked document, then it is well done so as to stoke the fires of the conspiracy theories. But if it is a real document, then it confirms that the launch is effectively later than originally planned (read: 11/21 w/o).

I don't think it's been a big secret that Verizon has been changing the launch date for this phone for a while now. That's why there have been so many rumored release dates. It's not for a lack of good sources. It's just every time a source outs the current release date Verizon management goes and changes it. Hence why you saw Panda get all fired up and swore off any more nexus talk..even he got sick of the situation.

That's the theory anyways.

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's been a big secret that Verizon has been changing the launch date for this phone for a while now. That's why there have been so many rumored release dates. It's not for a lack of good sources. It's just every time a source outs the current release date Verizon management goes and changes it. Hence why you saw Panda get all fired up and swore off any more nexus talk..even he got sick of the situation.

That's the theory anyways.

yah i agree. it's a known fact that Verizon has delayed/postponed/rescheduled the release date multiple times. so for people to say that we shouldn't get mad at verizon since they technically didn't announce a release date, is wrong.

our frustration is justified. HOWEVER...why Verizon has delayed the release date needs to be known. and i've heard several different reasons. if it's bug related (such as the volume bug), then i'm fine with this delay. if it's to get VZW's bloatware to work correctly on the G-nex, like panda alluded to, then i'm pist. if it's to space out the releases and to give breathing room for sales for the rezound and razr, then i'm pist.

but ultimately, and now, i've gotten over being frustrated. it's amusing to see all these videos making fun of our crazy situation waiting for the g-nex.

the main problem i'm having is constantly comparing the g-nex with the iphone 4s. two weeks ago...and before, i was 100% sure i want the g-nex. but as the delays have occurred, frustration building and overflowing...it gives me more time to wonder if i want an iphone 4s instead of the g-nex (especially with the recent comparisons of the cameras).

right now, i'm 99.9% sure i want the g-nex, LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez