Can't get Facebook to sync.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? Facebook won't sync under accounts and sync. I use all the Facebook ppls faces lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Facebook doesn't work because Facebook doesn't use the contacts API. It won't work until they use it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: hyperdude

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
for those that just want FB pics for their contacts (not worried about the contact info) there is an app in the market called syncmypix that will al least be able to pull FB contact photos for you (assuming said person is already a contact in your phone). havent tested it yet, but it should be compatible on ICS

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Facebook sync does not work on Nexus devices starting with the Nexus S until Facebook complies with Google. It works on phones with skins because it is incorporated from the manufacturer. If you want to sync, Friendcaster allows you to

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

sofreshkicks

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Be careful with the syncmypix app. I did it on my bionic and would sometimes put the wrong picture for a person and the only way to fix it was to delete the contact and put them back in. So it looks like facebook isnt syncing properly. Have you guys got the soffware update yet?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this has been an issue, I got the phone today and downloaed friend synce which is supposed to fix this issue but I am still playing with the phone and do not think the friends sync (fsync) did anything.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I answered a couple posts up. It has nothing to do with the contacts app or ICS. Google put their foot down with the Nexus S. Facebook DOES NOT SYNC WITH NEXUS DEVICES until Facebook makes the necessary changes to appease Google.

nao.nozawa

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Couple quick questions.

I can't sync my Facebook account either. When I go to add it, it just goes back to the 'Accounts & sync' page without adding it.

Nothing2Lose

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I answered a couple posts up. It has nothing to do with the contacts app or ICS. Google put their foot down with the Nexus S. Facebook DOES NOT SYNC WITH NEXUS DEVICES until Facebook makes the necessary changes to appease Google.

That sucks. Wonder if they will make any of the changes because most of my friends are on facebook not google+

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone able to add Facebook as an account?

When I go to accounts and select add account, if I select Facebook it just kicks me back to the accounts page.

Anybody? Bueller?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty