Dropped phone, now what?

Erisdenile

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I dropped my new galaxy nexus a few days after buying it. Well, not necessarily dropped, it fell out of my pocket when I fell while playing basketball, some small scrapes on 3 corners of the phone. Will this cause a problem if I need to trade it in for any sort of problem?

Erisdenile

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Could you explain more? How long does that warranty last? I had the extended Asurion one with my old phone but decided not to get it cause they changed the pricing and it was too expensive.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Could you explain more? How long does that warranty last? I had the extended Asurion one with my old phone but decided not to get it cause they changed the pricing and it was too expensive.

For warranty purposes, if Verizon/Samsung determine that the defect was a result of physical damage they may refuse a warranty exchange, or charge you for the ware on your phone after the warranty exchange. Warranty exchanges require that you have a near mint device.

Asurion insurance claims will probably not care about physical damage.

If its not too late, add the insurance and keep it, unless you have $600.00 to pay full price for a replacement.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site

damn that extra $2 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it makes no sense to pay that much!

Oh, wait a minute, what happened? oh well maybe that $2 isnt so bad!

lesson learned.

just take everybody's recommendation, add insurance and cheat the system. I will say there are alot of people on this forum that love to do this type of thing.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

molinap1

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
damn that extra $2 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it makes no sense to pay that much!

lesson learned.

just take everybody's recommendation, add insurance and cheat the system. I will say there are alot of people on this forum that love to do this type of thing.

The accidental damage insurance is $6.99. $1.99 is only manufacturer defect extension.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
The accidental damage insurance is $6.99. $1.99 is only manufacturer defect extension.

i understand. what i meant was he had insurance on his previous phone. the price increased so he dropped it. im not exactly sure how much but it couldn't have been more than $2 more

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my new galaxy nexus a few days after buying it. Well, not necessarily dropped, it fell out of my pocket when I fell while playing basketball, some small scrapes on 3 corners of the phone. Will this cause a problem if I need to trade it in for any sort of problem?

Dude, if you're going to play basketball with the phone in your pocket you NEED the full replacement coverage. Get it NOW before the 30 days are up.

Erisdenile

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Instead of paying 15$ a month for just one plan they now have 3 teirs starting at a one time charge of 85$ with very minimal coverage, 130$ after that

Erisdenile

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe it was the assurion ones, I went to a verizon store (called Spring Valley Wireless) and those plans were what they offered.

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

lesson learned.

it's $7/month for insurance to cover damage, and it's good to have for sure.

to the OP, the answer to your question is yes. if you go to the wrong vzw store staffed by d-bags and you don't have damage insurance they may hassle you about a warranty issue. in that case, you could always try another store as verizon's cust serv varies greatly from one store to another.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall