Please help..trying to flash 4.0.4

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I unlocked my Verizon Galaxy Nexus yesterday..long story short I dropped the update.zip file to my galaxy nexus. Then I turned off my phone and booted into recovery..then I plugged my phone into the computer, went into platform tools, and opened the command prompt..I input fastboot.exe, and then it says command update to flash update to sd card...I put update or update.zip and nothing happens. It says the syntax is incorrect, please someone tell me what im doing wrong.. Thanks guys

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
You need to say what the exact file you are using and what exactly is the command you are entering in the cmd window. All this assuming you have the correct drivers, fastboot and correct file in the platform folder. Saying you dropped a zip file onto your phone suggests its a cwm install.

Fyi, zips do not get loaded in fastboot, only img files.

I know there are several different files to get you to 404, you just need the correct one to install with the method you're using.

If you could provide a link to where you got the file, maybe we can help.

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I am using the file that was provided by android central which I downloaded from mediafire..android central said to rename it update.zip...Davey is there any way I can contact you to get help? I live in Palm Springs