I've been waiting over 2 weeks for my Asurion replacement...

w00derson

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else waiting on a replacement GN from Asurion? This is a bit ridiculous. I've never had a problem with them in the past. They will only offer a Rezound as a comparable swap. The only phone I'd swap for is a Razr Maxx, and it doesn't sound like they have that in stock either.

w00derson

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried following up with them? I'd hate to be out of a phone for 2 weeks.

The phone still functions normally, its just the bottom half of the screen is all cracked up.

And yeah, I've called several times with the same response of the GN being back ordered. Each time I called they said I would receive an email or phone call to complete my claim once the GN comes back in stock.

Although, yesterday I logged in to track my claim and it took me all the way through the process, took my CC info for the deductible, and it said the phone was going to ship and be here today (Wednesday). I called them on Thursday and they said it wasn't in stock, and I never got an email or phone call to complete the claim. So they must have just got stock in yesterday.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else waiting on a replacement GN from Asurion? This is a bit ridiculous. I've never had a problem with them in the past. They will only offer a Rezound as a comparable swap. The only phone I'd swap for is a Razr Maxx, and it doesn't sound like they have that in stock either.

Asurion replaced my Galaxy Nexus with another brand-new-in-the-box Galaxy Nexus a few months ago. I am very
happy with my experience with them. (probably because they had no refurbished GN at that time)

I currently own both the Galaxy Nexus and the HTC Rezound. (both are sitting in front of me as I type this)
I bought and returned the RAZR MAXX because I didn't like it after a week.

IMHO, here's how I rank these three phones:

Galaxy Nexus (Best, duh! :D )
HTC Rezound (Good, especially since Verizon charged mr only $0)
RAZR MAXX (Not bad, but not yet in the same league as GN and Rezound)

If I were in your situation, I would definitely wait until Asurion can ship me a replacement GN.
I dont' know if Verizon Wireless corporate stores still do this, but they used to loan phone to
you. This is what they did for my co-worker last summer after she lost her GalaxyS and insurance
replacement was unavailable for 3 weeks. Just let them know that Asurion is taking too much time.

cmebling

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
GET READY TO LAUGH: I broke my Galaxy S3 screen 6 days after it the eraly release in Miami, FL.. Its slippery back slipped off my lap when I opened my car door and just slid off and fell 1.5' (from a Mustang) to the ground.. Shattered screen in the corner... Functionable but I have also been waiting over 2 weeks already for a new Galacy S3... So my question to you is DID YOU GET YOUR DANG PHONE YET, AND HOW LONG DID YOU HAVE TO WAIT?!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19