made the right choice

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
people who ordered white hate the blue, people who ordered blue hate the white.... Welcome to Washington.

Actually I thought both were great. I just like darker colors, and the blue is less "flashier" than the white. I want to go about my day with my phone, I'm not looking to turn any heads

Sent from my Ally using Android Central Forums

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Pebble blue because wasn't sure about the white getting dirty easy. But I did order a white/gray Otterbox Commuter case today. I can haz the best of both worlds.

aaroninky

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Just saw the phone at a sprint store. Wow I am happy I went with the blue. The white looks very cheap to me. The blue was amazing, it definitely does have a purple hue to it but it's very nice, and the metallic finish gives it a premium feel. The phone fit perfectly in my hand and the phone was blazing fast throughout. Hurry up Verizon!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

I did the same thing today, I got back from a Sprint store about an hour ago and saw both the blue and white versions side by side. I didn't find anything wrong with the white version, but the blue version stood out between the 2 as far as I am concerned. The screen was great and definitely a step up from my Galaxy Nexus. It was fast going between the various home screens and both the app and widget drawer. Very happy with my choice of blue and now I'm just waiting on Big Red to email me my delivery confirmation since my case has already arrived.

Reactions: TechNut79

Dunbar42

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I just played with a demo S3 at the Sprint store for about 10 minutes. The phone feels amazing compared to my iPhone 4. The internet was fast on Sprint's 3G network so it should fly on Verizon LTE. I did notice the home button lag so I'll definitely be turning off double tap for S Voice. The stock browser didn't seem to zoom into the right spot when I double tapped but that's a minor complaint.

Thanks for making us wait 3 weeks longer than every other carrier Verizon :-\

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone been reading the Sprint forum about the poor Wifi and cellular radios in the SGIII. It sounds like the only improvement for Samsung has been the GPS radio. I was really looking forward to getting this phone but sold my Galaxy Nexus because of the radio problems. Not looking to relive 6 months of that again. I wish you all the best of luck and hope that I am wrong in my assumption that the SGIII will have connection problems just like every Samsung phone I have ever owned.

ChapStick Assassin

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Blue for the same reason you don't see white-borders surrounding movies, Black (dark) borders allow the video to 'Pop'.... Then again, this is coming from someone who painted his wall black so the movies on my TV look like they're just floating (more dark bezels...)

Anyway, I just came back from sprint store and the blue looked kinda Dark Grey to me... I had to angle it towards the light to see that it was Blue. I personally am not a fan of blue (I just wanted Dark) and after seeing it in person, I really like the look of it.... Not that it matters, cause I'm planning on slapping an Otterbox Defender case on it soon as It's available (Black of course) . I'm sure white is cool in a StormTrooper-ish kind of way.

Reactions: TechNut79

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
funny thing here people are second guessing the color they preordered after seeing the phone live on on another carrier.. IF thats the only thing they are second guessing it for than thats great.. rather be dissapointed in color than how the phone works LOL

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been reading the Sprint forum about the poor Wifi and cellular radios in the SGIII. It sounds like the only improvement for Samsung has been the GPS radio. I was really looking forward to getting this phone but sold my Galaxy Nexus because of the radio problems. Not looking to relive 6 months of that again. I wish you all the best of luck and hope that I am wrong in my assumption that the SGIII will have connection problems just like every Samsung phone I have ever owned.
I could be wrong but I think he Sprint radios are completely different than the Verizon radios.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong but I think he Sprint radios are completely different than the Verizon radios.

yeah the radios are different but if people are having issues with the sprint version usually that means people on verizon will have similar issues. Samsung is known for not having the best radios/antenna.

ProvDev

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

yeah the radios are different

No the radios are the same......

"The chipsets contain the industry's only modems to integrate 7 different radio access modes on a single baseband chip: cdma2000 (1X, DO), GSM/EDGE, UMTS (WCDMA, TD-SCDMA) and LTE (both LTE-FDD and LTE-TDD). This will allow OEMS to design mobile devices that can operate on the increasingly diverse set of radio network deployments and configurations used worldwide."

Qualcomm Third Generation LTE Chipsets Are First to Support HSPA+ Release 10, LTE Advanced with LTE Carrier Aggregation

"Designed for speed, compatibility and power savings: Snapdragon S4 Processor MSM8960 chipset includes the industry’s only complete platform that integrates all of the world’s leading 2G, 3G and 4G mobile broadband modem technologies on a single chip. This new integrated multimode modem is based on an advanced, programmable architecture that is performance, size and power optimized for the fastest combination of modems available for:

LTE FDD/TDD (Cat3)
3G (DC-HSPA+ Cat 24)
EV-DO Rev. B
1x Advanced
TD-SCDMA
GSM/GPRS/EDGE"

"To complement its wide range of modem standards supported, Qualcomm has designed the Snapdragon S4 Processor MSM8960 CHIPSET platform to address all

commonly-used frequencies (from 700–2600 MHz) and bandwidths up to 20 MHz, allowing its customers to address any mobile network opportunity whether the simplest single frequency implementation to the most extensive multifrequency global mode, whether 4G, 3G or 2G.

•Solving signal interference: Though supporting multiple radio frequencies on the same chipset can present problems with signal interference, the MSM8960 utilizes Qualcomm’s expertise in radio and modem design to enable coexistence of many operating frequencies and modem concurrency scenarios."

http://cyberraiden.wordpress.com/20...ssors-system-on-chip-solutions-from-qualcomm/

Last edited:
Reactions: ansextra

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

"The chipsets contain the industry's only modems to integrate 7 different radio access modes on a single baseband chip: cdma2000 (1X, DO), GSM/EDGE, UMTS (WCDMA, TD-SCDMA) and LTE (both LTE-FDD and LTE-TDD). This will allow OEMS to design mobile devices that can operate on the increasingly diverse set of radio network deployments and configurations used worldwide."

Qualcomm Third Generation LTE Chipsets Are First to Support HSPA+ Release 10, LTE Advanced with LTE Carrier Aggregation

"Designed for speed, compatibility and power savings: Snapdragon S4 Processor MSM8960 chipset includes the industry?s only complete platform that integrates all of the world?s leading 2G, 3G and 4G mobile broadband modem technologies on a single chip. This new integrated multimode modem is based on an advanced, programmable architecture that is performance, size and power optimized for the fastest combination of modems available for:

LTE FDD/TDD (Cat3)
3G (DC-HSPA+ Cat 24)
EV-DO Rev. B
1x Advanced
TD-SCDMA
GSM/GPRS/EDGE"

"To complement its wide range of modem standards supported, Qualcomm has designed the Snapdragon S4 Processor MSM8960 CHIPSET platform to address all

commonly-used frequencies (from 700?2600 MHz) and bandwidths up to 20 MHz, allowing its customers to address any mobile network opportunity whether the simplest single frequency implementation to the most extensive multifrequency global mode, whether 4G, 3G or 2G.

?Solving signal interference: Though supporting multiple radio frequencies on the same chipset can present problems with signal interference, the MSM8960 utilizes Qualcomm?s expertise in radio and modem design to enable coexistence of many operating frequencies and modem concurrency scenarios."

Snapdragon S4 Processors: System on Chip Solutions from Qualcomm ? Cyber Raiden

In lamans terms, what does this mean..will this phone be better on verizon than sprint??

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

"Designed for speed, compatibility and power savings: Snapdragon S4 Processor MSM8960 chipset includes the industry?s only complete platform that integrates all of the world?s leading 2G, 3G and 4G mobile broadband modem technologies on a single chip. This new integrated multimode modem is based on an advanced, programmable architecture that is performance, size and power optimized for the fastest combination of modems available for:

LTE FDD/TDD (Cat3)
3G (DC-HSPA+ Cat 24)
EV-DO Rev. B
1x Advanced
TD-SCDMA
GSM/GPRS/EDGE"

commonly-used frequencies (from 700?2600 MHz) and bandwidths up to 20 MHz, allowing its customers to address any mobile network opportunity whether the simplest single frequency implementation to the most extensive multifrequency global mode, whether 4G, 3G or 2G.

?Solving signal interference: Though supporting multiple radio frequencies on the same chipset can present problems with signal interference, the MSM8960 utilizes Qualcomm?s expertise in radio and modem design to enable coexistence of many operating frequencies and modem concurrency scenarios."

Snapdragon S4 Processors: System on Chip Solutions from Qualcomm ? Cyber Raiden

yeah but the active radios are still different which could affect reception. ( sprints version of cdma/ lte versus verizons version of lte/cdma)

bryanw504

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yea definitely the best choice I made on sprint enjoy your new galaxy when you get it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

flipberkheimer

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
yeah the radios are different but if people are having issues with the sprint version usually that means people on verizon will have similar issues. Samsung is known for not having the best radios/antenna.

I think the fact that Sprint has such poor coverage and download speeds compared to Big Red should be taken into account. It appears that the radio's are identical.