Activation Question - SIM Swap & New Line

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Basically I added another line to pickup the S3. I plan on using it on my main line but will use a dumb phone for the new line. My question is do I have to activate the new SIM? I almost think I would per contract terms.

Thanks for any assistance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Working fine so far. I didn't have any dumb phones left so I ordered a used one. My account on VzW shows the S3 under my main line & new line.

I know this will work since I did the same thing w/ my Xoom. It's kinda nice in a way since my mother is who is elderly is on my plan. Now she has a back up phone because of the swap w/ the Xoom.

I'm also getting a good price on my Nexus so it all works out in the end.

Holden45

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Alright just so I am clear on what you did. You activated the s3 with the new line and sim card, then you swapped the sim cards around? Did you wait any amount of time before swapping? Mine will be here Tues and only staying with Verizon for unlimited data.

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Alright just so I am clear on what you did. You activated the s3 with the new line and sim card, then you swapped the sim cards around? Did you wait any amount of time before swapping? Mine will be here Tues and only staying with Verizon for unlimited data.

I activated the SIM then backed up my Nexus. I then swapped the cards, run the Nexus on Wi-Fi w/ no SIM.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Holden45

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I activated the new sim in the s3 signed into my Google account let things settle for a few minutes then powered down s3 and swapped the sim cards around with my nexus.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I never activated the new SIM as it was for my wife's line. I had to go to a Verizon store and get a SIM for my line there. No problems yet. Was activated yesterday.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch