Can't add phone numbers to Contacts SIII

tonycannoli

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, first post here. I just received my VZW GS3 and I've synced my contacts from Facebook and they are now stored in contacts. Some had no phone numbers and so synced without phone numbers. Does anyone know how I manually add phone numbers to existing contacts. I've tried taping on everything!

Thank you very much.

Tony

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I haven't sync'd contacts with Facebook, but is there not a pencil icon in the upper right corner? If not, I'd guess FB Contacts are read-only on the device.

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Long Press the contact then choose edit.

I must say, the contacts were confusing the heck out of me. I couldn't figure out how to only show certain lists of contacts, then started hiding them all but couldn't figure out how to unhide, then found out you could just go in and scroll through the menu and turn off lists. Mine is now perfect, of course I'll forget whenever I need to do it next time.

tonycannoli

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I haven't sync'd contacts with Facebook, but is there not a pencil icon in the upper right corner? If not, I'd guess FB Contacts are read-only on the device.

There is the pencil icon which then brings up the edit contact but there is no empty field to add to. I can't find anything to tap or to add a phone number to.

Also the small Facebook contact pictures came over synced to the GS3 super pixelated (blurry). Its a pretty popular service, anyone know why it would do this?

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Probably because high resolution screens are not the norm yet, and fb tries to save on bandwidth. It's one of the reasons I stopped using contact sync. That, and the fact that they uploaded my contacts without asking. Anyway... when I go into a contact and press edit, I see this:
Screenshot_2012-07-11-10-42-18.png

If I click that Add Field button, at the bottom, I get this menu:
Screenshot_2012-07-11-10-42-31.png

Presumably if there wasn't a phone option in the contact, it would be here.

Your other option is to make a contract with a phone number, long press on the fb contact, and select Join contact. This will present them as one contact on your phone.

P.S. coming from a Droid X, I love how easy it is to grab screenshots on this phone!

Sent from my Galaxy S III via Tapatalk

Shaun Synot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
To add a contact dial the the other number that you want to add and hang up or talk. Then afterwards go to phone logs, touch the number and it will come up with a choice of either create contact or update existing just choose update existing and touch the name that you want to add the number to. Hope this helps.

djvandyke

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Go to the contact page and click on the plus sign.When the next screen comes up, click where it says SIM and it will give you the option to add contact to phone. This is where you can add the extra numbers and address etc.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
You can not edit a FB contact.
You need to create a new contact on Google or on the phone (SIM card).
After creating the additional contact info, then in that new contact press the 'link' button in connections and connect the two.

Jenimo

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You seem to know what you're talking about. I have a Galaxy SIII. I can't edit any of my contacts, do you know how I can do this? I can edit them if I created them on my phone, but when they were added by back up assist, I can't edit any of those.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
You seem to know what you're talking about. I have a Galaxy SIII. I can't edit any of my contacts, do you know how I can do this? I can edit them if I created them on my phone, but when they were added by back up assist, I can't edit any of those.

When you open a contact, then go to menu, there is no 'edit' command?

MichaelaMN

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
If you synced your phone with Facebook you cannot edit those contacts but you can add a separate contact of the same person. From there you can click and hold the new contact and select "join contact". That will bring you to your contact list and then you select the persons name that you wanted to add that phone number to. :) I'm sorry if that is hard to understand...

Corbin Johnson

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
So to add a twist to tbe OP's original question, I cannot add pictures to my contacts that I have created. These contacts have the sim card icon next to it. However, it will let me add a contact picture to one of tbe default AT&T concacts. What is the issue here?

Note 2

kavya raju

May 31, 2013
Visit site
when i tried to create new contacts phone is showing a message lyk " SORRY PROCESS ANDROID.PROCESS ACORE STOPPED UNEXPECTEDLY TRY AGAIN"

IN SAMSUNG Y DUOS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles