Signature in Text Messages

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have searched thru my phone and cannot find a way to add my name (signature) automatically to a text message. Anyone know if it cam be done?

Last edited by a moderator:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Signature ins Text Messages

I have searched thru my phone and cannot find a way to add my name (signature) automatically to a text message. Anyone know if it cam be done?

Under SMS Settings, all the way down at the bottom there is a section for signature. Just check it on mine and it put my signature in there.

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps the poster who said it can be done isn't using the stock messaging app. I have looked high and low to figure out how to add/edit sig or call back # and I'm just not finding it.
Doesn't make any sense that this feature is not available but then again it doesn't make any sense i had to download a keyboard so i had one that worked worth a darn.

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps the poster who said it can be done isn't using the stock messaging app. I have looked high and low to figure out how to add/edit sig or call back # and I'm just not finding it.
Doesn't make any sense that this feature is not available but then again it doesn't make any sense i had to download a keyboard so i had one that worked worth a darn.

It does seem odd

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I don't think it can be done in the stock app. You can always download a different messaging app like go sms or handsent.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I was using the stock SMS app, but was on a custom ROM so it's possible that it was altered. It was the basic TW Messaging app though.

chp0401

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

You open your msgs and open the menu then u scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see ad signature

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

If you are running the stock SMS client, open up the SMS app. Make sure that you do not have a message selected, or are within a threaded message. Press the menu button, select settings, then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the settings page, you will see it there. Sorry the screen shot is so blurry, I dont know why it came out like that.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 236

dkuz57

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm using the default messenger on my s3 and I followed your instructions. And I don't see any of those options. Not even the emergency options. I looked on the used guide and it no mention of it at all. What is going on? Help!

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Mine operates just as described above... I have the latest build. I would upload a screen shot but for some reason I can never upload pics from my phone via the app... My screen looks identical to the one above...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

pmth00

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

1) Hit your TEXT icon
2)Tap Messaging Settings
3) Halfway down you'll see Edit Signature
4) Type it in...hit OK...You're done!!!

Cheryl Slack

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

1) Hit your TEXT icon
2)Tap Messaging Settings
3) Halfway down you'll see Edit Signature
4) Type it in...hit OK...You're done!!!

I have a Nokia Lumia 521 and cannot figure out how to add a text signature, is there any one who can help me

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

There's a rather low likelihood that someone here is also using a Nokia Lumia 521, so your best bet would be to post this in the Nokia forum.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4