Checking out the phones at the VZ store.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Weak signals will suck your battery dry, there's really no way around that. If you're in class and not using your phone (after all, you're paying attention, right? O:) ), you can turn it on airplane mode to save yourself the battery drain.

That's exactly what I do.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I definitely would have an SIII right now if it wasn't a pentile display. I don't want to get in a discussion over it, been there done that. All I can say is its a turnoff to me. Shame, it's an awesome phone otherwise.

I'm on an Incredible 2 and hope they put a screen I can live with on the Note 2

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I definitely would have an SIII right now if it wasn't a pentile display. I don't want to get in a discussion over it, been there done that. All I can say is its a turnoff to me. Shame, it's an awesome phone otherwise.

I'm on an Incredible 2 and hope they put a screen I can live with on the Note 2

Well I am proud to announce that the Note 2 does not have a pentile display.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/205020-pentile.html

also, you must be one of the few people who's eyesight can actually see the pentile effect on the GS3. I can't see it even if I try to look for it, I mean I can spot it easily on the Droid 3/4 etc but on the GS3? Nope.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site

also, you must be one of the few people who's eyesight can actually see the pentile effect on the GS3. I can't see it even if I try to look for it, I mean I can spot it easily on the Droid 3/4 etc but on the GS3? Nope.

How good does your eyesight have to be to notice the display? I too could notice it in the Droid 3, but the Samsung Galaxy S 3 looks totally different.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
How good does your eyesight have to be to notice the display? I too could notice it in the Droid 3, but the Samsung Galaxy S 3 looks totally different.
I have 20/20 with my glasses on, so apparently you need better than 20/20 to see the pentile effect on the GS3. Most people make a big fuss bout it before they actually see the phone in person. Once they saw it they don't even know why they were b!#ching and moaning about it.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I have 20/20 with my glasses on, so apparently you need better than 20/20 to see the pentile effect on the GS3. Most people make a big fuss bout it before they actually see the phone in person. Once they saw it they don't even know why they were b!#ching and moaning about it.

I can't see anything wrong with the screen...oh well.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

That is interesting. I had a Moto Droid for two days and that pentile screen drove me crazy. I'm going to hold out for that Note 2 since it's not pentile.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
From a review i read about the gs3, the only time you would see the pixel difference is with computer generated graphics not an actual picture or video

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
ask and you shall receive.

" Naturally, we'd be telling just half the story if we only talked performance. There's an important question that's left: what kind of battery life can you expect? Power is nothing without longevity and, shockingly, the iPhone 5 copes amazingly well. In a day of heavy usage with LTE, GPS and WiFi all enabled, we managed 14 hours and 18 minutes before the phone succumbed to the elements.

On our standard battery rundown test, in which we loop a video with LTE and WiFi enabled and social accounts pinging at regular intervals, the iPhone 5 managed a hugely impressive 11 hours and 15 minutes. That's just 10 minutes shy of the Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx."

iPhone 5 review -- Engadget

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock

Impressive.
Question though. I don't pay attention to Iphone or really anything about Iphone but while that movie is being looped for 11 hr's can you take a call, text, check your social, email and multitask at the same time without interupting the movie?
PS. I didn't look at the engadget review so I wouldn't know. I don't tend to read much from engadget. Very bias and a waste of reading to me.

familia5az

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Well after going to Apple store yesterday if you really want an awesome screen be done with it and get an IPhone 5.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Most people make a big fuss without even knowing what it actually is.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Well after going to Apple store yesterday if you really want an awesome screen be done with it and get an IPhone 5.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Yeah, then you can more clearly see the same old boring icons that are always on your screen! No thanks. I looked at one for a minute, didn't think the screen was much better than the GS3s.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I think I would have a hard time looking at that small of a screen after being used to looking at much bigger screens for the last year and a half. But then I probably wouldn't have to since maps and navigation don't work and the touch imputs are messed up at the edge of the screen when you use the keyboard.
But that little screen is pretty and it gets great battery life.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Impressive.
Question though. I don't pay attention to Iphone or really anything about Iphone but while that movie is being looped for 11 hr's can you take a call, text, check your social, email and multitask at the same time without interupting the movie?
PS. I didn't look at the engadget review so I wouldn't know. I don't tend to read much from engadget. Very bias and a waste of reading to me.

probably not. i doubt that you would be able to watch a 11 hour movie looped and call, text, check your social, email , and multitask on a maxx or gs3 either on a single charge.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
probably not. i doubt that you would be able to watch a 11 hour movie looped and call, text, check your social, email , and multitask on a maxx or gs3 either on a single charge.
Point and question is not about battery life but can the iphone run a movie and multitask, take calls , text, email, social ect, as you can with the GS3? About the battery life though if we turned the GS3 into the Rezound or Thunderbolt bricks it could do all that with battery to spare. lol.

I also have a hard time believing engadget. If you look at the actual iPhone and SG3 battery specs the SG3 should do just as well If not better. Talk time and standby are higher on the SG3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch