Strange unistalled app issue...

chadrob30

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
When I first got the phone I installed Avast Mobile for it. It worked fine until the day I got a new SIM card. As soon as my phone came back online it started sending texts to one of my friends who also has the SIII. It said something to the effect of "alert! Chad's phone has detected a new SIM card, blah blah blah". I didn't think anything of it until recently. Every time I would reboot the phone it would send these texts to that friend only. I finally uninstalled it thinking it would go away, but this morning at work, he said "you got up at 4:25 didn't you?" He said at that time he started getting the texts again, lol. Is there something from this Avast app that has its claws in my phone and won't let it go?

MatrixMan

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Avast seems like it doesn't uninstall every part of the software. During install it asks to rename a portion of the software to hide it, but that piece is not uninstalled.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Avast seems like it doesn't uninstall every part of the software. During install it asks to rename a portion of the software to hide it, but that piece is not uninstalled.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
This is why I dont trust AV software.