New S3 owner - Voicemail & Bloatware Disabling

jmaudi0

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
So I got my Verizon GS3 last week and I love it. I already installed Nova Launcher and have my phone all set up perfectly (for now!!). I'm very happy. Battery life isn't quite as good as I had hoped but its still enough to get me through most days. I can live with it for sure!

So I just read that you can disable the Verizon Bloatware and I went through and turned off everything except for sync and backup assistant. Is there any reason to keep any of the verizon bloat enabled? Do people actually use it or is it just a waste of resources?

Also, how do I access my voicemail? I'm coming from an iphone 4 (yeah yeah...i'm officially a android user for life now thanks to this phone and my Nexus 7).

thanks!

mesocyclonic

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
So I just read that you can disable the Verizon Bloatware and I went through and turned off everything except for sync and backup assistant. Is there any reason to keep any of the verizon bloat enabled? Do people actually use it or is it just a waste of resources?

Keep the bloat if you find what it does to be useful. For instance, I've used Kies Air a few times, so it's not frozen. You certainly won't be affecting the phone's performance by not disabling some of the bloat.

Also, how do I access my voicemail? I'm coming from an iphone 4 (yeah yeah...i'm officially a android user for life now thanks to this phone and my Nexus 7).

thanks!

Apps->Voicemail (red icon).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa