Buying a phone next week

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
so i am buying a new phone next week. for a while i've been thinking about sg3 doesn't seem there's still a good alternative. i know dna is out but the battery is not removable and it's tiny so that's probably not for me. coming from a galaxy nexus and i'm not going to want something that won't last at least 12hrs. sg3 has a removable battery so that's doable. however, i'm concerned that it's been out almost a year already. my nexus after a year is now slow and doesn't last 6hrs day on extended battery (unless i don't use it). There are lots of things it can't comfortably do because it doesn't have enough ram or the app is slow. i don't want this to be my experience just a few months after i get this. I'll be getting this out of contract so it's a big chunk of money and would hate to regret it. for people who got it months ago, how is it now? still worth getting full price or is something coming down the pipe that i should just wait for? by the way, i'm on verizon. Thanks.

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Its 6 months old and still a great phone. I just got mine today and I love it. It's fast and smooth and jammed packed with goodies. There is always going to be a new device coming so you may be waiting f forever.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If battery life is your biggest concern I'd suggest the Motorola RAZR Maxx HD. If it's going to be un-subsidized I'd suggest the Galaxy Nexus 4 - you can't beat that price/feature set anywhere. The Droid DNA actually seems like a pretty capable phone.
For anything but the RAZR Maxx series, just get an Anker battery pack for those times when being stuck to a charger is not an option.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
The S3 is really an excellent phone. If battery life is an issue, get an Onite extended battery kit for $25 from Amazon. It easily outlasts the Razr Maxx. And you can swap the battery for stock to get your skinny phone back. I reviewed the pack earlier - a quick search should find the review.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I easily get 12 hours out of the battery.

I bought mine out of contract in July, and have no regrets. Would it still be worth it to pay full price now? That's a hard question to answer, because it's really up to what you want. I'd say even though this phone has been out for a while longer than some others, it's still arguably the best option out there. If it were me, I'd probably still pull the trigger.

4.5 months = 1 year???

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

It was released world-wide in late May, and in the US on June 20th. I think Verizon got it on July 9 (or somewhere around there), but none the less, I'd put the "age" of the phone at 6 months. Still not quite the year that the OP stated, though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty