Problems with activation?

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I got a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 from ebay awhile back. It was like all new and didn't come with a sim card so I was stuck on the "Please insert sim card" text for awhile. Then, like an eight year old little fool with no knowledge of phones, I got a microsim card from Simple Mobile. All was good in the world until I got past the select language screen. I waited days on end for it to activate. No dice... I then realized I needed to unlock my phone to use Simple Mobile. Easy enough, get a Verizon simcard, pop it in, activate, unlock, viola? Now here I am two weeks later with a Verizon sim card, that I also got from ebay, in my Verizon phone and it still won't activate. The disgusting "problem while activating" screen popped up as well. W-what am I doing wrong here? Do I need to go to a Verizon store to do this? Did I have to start on Spanish not English? What god did I anger for this to happen? Why did you do this Poseidon?? Do I have to call customer support?
In short, I have my phone, it doesn't say "non-verizon sim card inserted" so it should work right? I'm now stuck in activating limbo for all eternity... unless... maybe someone out there can help me?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
First try to reset the device. Then go to your Verizon store. The SIM cards are free. Let them.help you activate the phone.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has a phone serial number that needs to correspond sim serial number so you need to call them and let them know both those things so the connect your service.

Also you can use your phone wifi only I didn't activate my phone for hours after I got it.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh boy, I can? If only I knew how. Oh god if only someone would show me the way to do this. Actually, that sounds good, just wifi for awhile, but how do I get there? The main menu and stuff? My phone won't get past the "activating phone" screen. I turn it on, choose my language (destiny), then it stays on the "activating phone" screen for years on end.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Pull out the sim card. Do a factory reset. Leave out the sim and start it up

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh boy, I can? If only I knew how. Oh god if only someone would show me the way to do this. Actually, that sounds good, just wifi for awhile, but how do I get there? The main menu and stuff? My phone won't get past the "activating phone" screen. I turn it on, choose my language (destiny), then it stays on the "activating phone" screen for years on end.

Oh im sorry for some reason i thought we were talking about galaxy note
Try this
with the volume keys hit Up once, down twice, up three times, down 4 times and then a Skip button appears.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I believe you can activate it by going to myverizon on verizons website and adding your new SG3 to your line by entering in the serial number located behind where you put the battery on a little sticker :)

- - - Updated - - -

I believe you can activate it by going to myverizon on verizons website and adding your new SG3 to your line by entering in the serial number located behind where you put the battery on a little sticker :)

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh im sorry for some reason i thought we were talking about galaxy note
Try this
with the volume keys hit Up once, down twice, up three times, down 4 times and then a Skip button appears.

I tried it but I ended up causing a decent sized explosion, roughly the same power as 3 sticks of dynamite, with side effects I can only describe as "mind numbingly sexy".

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Lol that means it worked lol?

Sadly no :(, when I got the phone it was already factory reset. When I turn it on all I can do is choose my language, volume settings, emergency call, and of course wait for the phone to activate. Judy above says I have to go to a store. At the store they told me I have to activate it with a new number plus get service. I'm just like "bro, at least let me get to the home screen first!" $400 deposit isn't really possible for me at the moment... So do I really have to activate it there? I just wanna get to the home screen

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Sadly no :(, when I got the phone it was already factory reset. When I turn it on all I can do is choose my language, volume settings, emergency call, and of course wait for the phone to activate. Judy above says I have to go to a store. At the store they told me I have to activate it with a new number plus get service. I'm just like "bro, at least let me get to the home screen first!" $400 deposit isn't really possible for me at the moment... So do I really have to activate it there? I just wanna get to the home screen

Let me ask joe the insider he may know bypass code

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Let me ask joe the insider he may know bypass code

D-don't say that... don't say that unless you mean it! I will wait at this computer (or other device capable of internet connection) until I hear any news of what you just said. I've set up my small medical center just in case you were being sarcastic and I go into a comatic shock.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
D-don't say that... don't say that unless you mean it! I will wait at this computer (or other device capable of internet connection) until I hear any news of what you just said. I've set up my small medical center just in case you were being sarcastic and I go into a comatic shock.

I messaged him hopefully he will get back to me