Verizon phone flashed to Cricket can't be flashed back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR OZ

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I made the mistake of not meeting at the Verizon store and bought a Galaxy S3 off Craigslist. It has a clean esn but it won't read the 4G sim card or connect the Verizon data network. I found out it was flashed to Cricket so I used Odin to flash it back to the original rom that came with the version of the phone which changed it to Baseband version: I535VRLEC but this still won't work it still has the same problem reading the Verizon 4G sim

I guess my question is... if there is a different rom I should flash it too? Or is it that once it has been flashed from Verizon to Cricket it can't flashed back to be used on Verizon again?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I made the mistake of not meeting at the Verizon store and bought a Galaxy S3 off Craigslist. It has a clean esn but it won't read the 4G sim card or connect the Verizon data network. I found out it was flashed to Cricket so I used Odin to flash it back to the original rom that came with the version of the phone which changed it to Baseband version: I535VRLEC but this still won't work it still has the same problem reading the Verizon 4G sim

I guess my question is... if there is a different rom I should flash it too? Or is it that once it has been flashed from Verizon to Cricket it can't flashed back to be used on Verizon again?
Are you positive that the phone was originally on Verizon and flashed to Cricket? Everything I've found says the two networks are not compatible.

MR OZ

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it's definitely a Verizon phone and I was able to get in contact with the guy who I got it from and he said it was flashed to Cricket.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Are you sure the SIM card is good?

I know that after a period of time of inactivity, the Verizon 4G SIM cards get "de-registered" (10 days maybe?), and you have to get a new one. Even if you think the SIM is good, at the very least, I'd go a Verizon store and try a new SIM.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Please keep in mind that discussions about how to modify phones in the manner described here are not permitted. Thanks.

Sent from my SGSIII

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.