TecTile Issues

gbungart

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
When I try to program a tectile with the Samsung app I get the program tile button and I place my phone on top of the tile but it never programs. I even tried it without the case on the phone thinking that may interfere with the programing to no avail. What should I try next?

Malathan

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Make sure NFC is turned on in your settings...
  • Go to Setup...
  • Under "Wireless and network" section, select [...More Settings]
  • Under "File/Data Transfer" section, turn on [NFC] (you might consider turning on S Beam also while here)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung app works fine with the Samsung app. You can see programing it etc on you tube.

Sent from my Nexus 4

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you using an after market battery? I believe the NFC functionality needs a valid battery. My oem battery has NFC-related wording printed on it. I can't recall the exact wording but it is there. I have read of some after market batteries that aren't fully compatible with the S3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

rexster314

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Is it the battery the phone came with? I bought an extra battery from Ebay when I first got my S3, it had "Near Field Communication" on the battery, but it sure didn't work with my tags. Wouldn't even give haptic feedback. I sent that sucker back

gbungart

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I have found out why it doesn't work on my phone. The inside of the back cover of my phone does not have tthe metal pieces needed to make the NFC feature or S beam work. This is the original back cover that came with my phone less than 1 year ago.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I have found out why it doesn't work on my phone. The inside of the back cover of my phone does not have tthe metal pieces needed to make the NFC feature or S beam work. This is the original back cover that came with my phone less than 1 year ago.
Call Samsung or Verizon, you are still under warranty.

gbungart

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Been on the phone with Verizon for about 1/2 hour now and they report that all their Galaxy S3 phone do not have the metal part in the back of the phone even though they advertise tech tiles and S Beaming on their website as features which do not work without the metal part. Rather frustrating.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Been on the phone with Verizon for about 1/2 hour now and they report that all their Galaxy S3 phone do not have the metal part in the back of the phone even though they advertise tech tiles and S Beaming on their website as features which do not work without the metal part. Rather frustrating.
Search the forum. Others have gotten it to work.

gbungart

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Evidently ALL Verizon Galaxy S3 phones come without this part. I am now on the phone with Samsung. Seems to me Verizon has some false advertising on their website...since S Beam and TechTiles will not work as the phone is configured.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Evidently ALL Verizon Galaxy S3 phones come without this part. I am now on the phone with Samsung. Seems to me Verizon has some false advertising on their website...since S Beam and TechTiles will not work as the phone is configured.
but if you search the Verizon S3 forum, others say they have gotten it to work. I think calling Samsung is your best bet.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The battery cover in the s3 does not contain the nfc antenna. Mine works just fine s-beam and all when I tried to beam from my note 2 to my s3

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why mine does not work unless they put the cover on with the NFC antenna

The basis of NFC is the battery. You have to make sure the battery is NFC capable. For instance, I bought the 3500mAh battery from Seidio but I paid extra for the one that works NFC. Apparently the. ?Antenna? is on th e battery. I have not bought any textiles but NFC works between my GS3 and my Nexus 7.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S3

gbungart

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Went back to my verizon store and the gave me a new battery and now it works fine. They said it was covered by the warrenty so I am VERY happy and it works well now. Does anyone know if Samsung is still developing this feature...would be nice to be able to put the phone into docking mode with it.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Went back to my verizon store and the gave me a new battery and now it works fine. They said it was covered by the warrenty so I am VERY happy and it works well now.
Yeah NFC is definitely covered by the warranty - it is a feature of the phone and if the battery's NFC functionality isn't working properly, that is defective.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87