Galaxy S3 AOSP 4G LTE?

Ardary

May 27, 2013
Visit site
So I have a Verizon Galaxy S3 with Slim Rom on it at the moment. Ever since flashing an AOSP rom (liquid smooth being the other one) I haven't been able to get a 4G/LTE signal. With the stock rom and cleanrom (a touchwiz based rom) I had always had the 4G LTE symbol on. Now I've heard that the stock based roms always show the 4G symbol but I literally never get 4G ever since putting an AOSP rom on the phone. I thought maybe AOSP roms don't support 4G on the Galaxy S3 but I haven't found anybody else confirming this.

In my settings I have LTE/CDMA/EvDo selected as Network Mode and RUIM/SIM as the CDMA subscription. I noticed before when I had tried dialing *228 (I know I'm not supposed to with a 4G phone but I didn't know back then) that it gave me 4G, and actually higher data speeds as well, until I shut off my phone or toggled mobile network on/off and it went back to 3G.

Got the speedtest.net app and it shows that I get 800kbps. It was around 400kbps earlier. My father has an iPhone 5 (also Verizon) and the iOS version of the speedtest.net app and it gets 5mbps. We live in the same house.

So my question really is, do I need a new SIM card? Do I need to flash some Radio or something? Let me know if you need more information to help answer my question. Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I have a Verizon Galaxy S3 with Slim Rom on it at the moment. Ever since flashing an AOSP rom (liquid smooth being the other one) I haven't been able to get a 4G/LTE signal. With the stock rom and cleanrom (a touchwiz based rom) I had always had the 4G LTE symbol on. Now I've heard that the stock based roms always show the 4G symbol but I literally never get 4G ever since putting an AOSP rom on the phone. I thought maybe AOSP roms don't support 4G on the Galaxy S3 but I haven't found anybody else confirming this.

In my settings I have LTE/CDMA/EvDo selected as Network Mode and RUIM/SIM as the CDMA subscription. I noticed before when I had tried dialing *228 (I know I'm not supposed to with a 4G phone but I didn't know back then) that it gave me 4G, and actually higher data speeds as well, until I shut off my phone or toggled mobile network on/off and it went back to 3G.

Got the speedtest.net app and it shows that I get 800kbps. It was around 400kbps earlier. My father has an iPhone 5 (also Verizon) and the iOS version of the speedtest.net app and it gets 5mbps. We live in the same house.

So my question really is, do I need a new SIM card? Do I need to flash some Radio or something? Let me know if you need more information to help answer my question. Thanks.

Welcome to the forums!

I am going to admit right off the bat that this question is a little out of my league, but I will give my guess, and please bear in mind that it is a guess. I would say that there is a problem with the modem that is connected to the ROM. Will flashing a different modem help? Possibly. However, be advised that flashing an incorrect modem is just as bad as flashing an improper ROM.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Ardary

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

I am going to admit right off the bat that this question is a little out of my league, but I will give my guess, and please bear in mind that it is a guess. I would say that there is a problem with the modem that is connected to the ROM. Will flashing a different modem help? Possibly. However, be advised that flashing an incorrect modem is just as bad as flashing an improper ROM.

I see you noticed I'm new here haha thanks for the welcome. Yeah I think I may just flash a modem and if it messes anything up just revert back to the one it was on by default.

You could always try flashing a different modem but the problem more then likely is the rom it self. Try re-flashing the rom and check out the thread where you got the rom from to see if this is a problem with the current build. Here is where you can get the modems and rpm's: [MODEM/RPM/TZ] <VRBMB1> Verizon SGS3 (SCH-I535) [RECOVERY-flashable] - Verizon Galaxy S III Development - RootzWiki

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Great link thanks. I actually have reflashed the ROM multiple times just because I was testing out something and didn't get 4g. I checked the thread of the ROM but wasn't able to find anyone having the same issue.

I checked my phone, however, and noticed I still have I535VRLHE which is the OTA ICS modem. I guess I'll try flashing the new jellybean modem and see how that works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty