Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question about Google searches.

Hello,

have a random question for everyone as I have been perplexed by it for a little while.

My wife has an iPhone 4s and I a GS3 (obviously). Question is: she searches for something on the Internet (usually with Google) and then those results will show up on my Google now and also in my search history. I will also get reminders for her appointments through my phone too. It is the weirdest thing. I don't think I'm signed in on her phone to Google but didn't know if there was any other way for this to happen? Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    31,327 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Question about Google searches.

Quote Originally Posted by drmaf894c View Post
    Hello,

have a random question for everyone as I have been perplexed by it for a little while.

My wife has an iPhone 4s and I a GS3 (obviously). Question is: she searches for something on the Internet (usually with Google) and then those results will show up on my Google now and also in my search history. I will also get reminders for her appointments through my phone too. It is the weirdest thing. I don't think I'm signed in on her phone to Google but didn't know if there was any other way for this to happen? Anyone else experience this?

Do you share a Gmail account? If so, your Android is syncing all of that info together.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No we do not. Sorry I left that out. I have my own Gmail account. And my wife doesn't even have one. So that can't be it. Unless I am signed in somehow on her phone to my account but I have yet to find where I would be if I am.

Global Posts
    31,327 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

No we do not. Sorry I left that out. I have my own Gmail account. And my wife doesn't even have one. So that can't be it. Unless I am signed in somehow on her phone to my account but I have yet to find where I would be if I am.

Going to be honest, I have no idea why that happens.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

... Unless I am signed in somehow on her phone to my account but I have yet to find where I would be if I am.

Maybe in the browser? If you already haven't, navigate to Google on the browser and look for the Sign Out link.

Have you ever used her phone to check your email? If so it could still be signed in.

Global Posts
    788 Global Posts

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/45938?hl=en
    ^^ That explains how to log out other sessions. You should be able to fix it from there.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for the tips. I will work through some of the things you guys mentioned. I have never checked my email from it but she may have for me at times when I didn't have access. I will make sure that I am not logged in on her browser as well but I am fairly certain that I am not logged in on it. Thanks for the input though. I have been at a loss for a while, not that it really bothers me but I just found it really odd.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Ok figured it out. Somehow I was signed in on her phone into Google. I don't know ow why it wasn't showing it the other day when I looked but I just found that I was logged in. Oops.