No More Interest in the Vigor/Rezound?

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I could definitely be wrong here, but the lack of info on the Vigor/Rezound and the push behind the Nexus and RAZR smells like a delay with the Rezound is imminent. Just seems like there's too much going on in the other lands than VZW having to worry about pushing a 3rd, less flashy phone. Wouldn't be surprised if its release was pushed out a few weeks.

With that said, for those clamoring on getting the phone ASAP, this is relatively good news as demand will probably be quelled via the other two phones.

This definitely looks to be the phone that will replaced my Incredible. However, I'll wait until my upgrade comes around in March, and hopefully see a price drop at that point.

labs point

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been waiting with an upgrade for a month. Eris is still hanging in there, a little buggy at times. Will continue to wait until Rebound is out, then make my choice. Had an old Razr, might check out the new one. Beats in intriguing to see what effect it has on hardware and speakerphone.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I've been waiting with an upgrade for a month. Eris is still hanging in there, a little buggy at times. Will continue to wait until Rebound is out, then make my choice. Had an old Razr, might check out the new one. Beats in intriguing to see what effect it has on hardware and speakerphone.

Eris to Rezound is going to blow your mind.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

labs point

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Eris to Rezound is going to blow your mind.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I think you are right and I am planning on feeling real good about passing on the Bionic. I was so excited for it due to the buzz from the guy who got one sent to him and he did a fabulous job of posting all the goods on the phone, but I waited and the reviews from this site were not that good.

Then the GS2 didn't make it to VZW and now it looks like three real fine phones to choose from. A few more weeks it appears.

engineer2001

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I could definitely be wrong here, but the lack of info on the Vigor/Rezound and the push behind the Nexus and RAZR smells like a delay with the Rezound is imminent. Just seems like there's too much going on in the other lands than VZW having to worry about pushing a 3rd, less flashy phone. Wouldn't be surprised if its release was pushed out a few weeks...

You're probably right, and Verizon doesn't have "delays" unless the phone has been announced, which the Vigor has not. So, they can push it out until infinity (not even launch it at all) if they choose and not catch much flak for it in the press.

I totally see why Verizon passed on the SGS2 now. Who the heck would want one of those in 3G for the $299 selling point they want to sell phones for, when these other phones that support 4G are dropping? Vigor, Galaxy Nexus, Droid RAZR, and ... 3G SGS2? LOL. It would take Samsung a while to get a Verizon 4G LTE SGS2 cranked out, and by that time, the other phones would have eaten its lunch.

Last edited:

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If rumors that it's a lte /cdma/gsm world phone are correct, then interest will go through the roof when it's announced.
Especially if it has a removable SDcard and battery, unlike the Nexus and RAZR. And, if a world phone, that would push it right up front.

-Frank

Alkajak

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Having an insanely tough time deciding between this and the Amaze 4G.

This has the new Sense and has a 720p display while the Amaze is.. Well, it's out. And it has a better front camera.

I've heard nothing official about the Vigor in Canada, and the Amaze is finally being released a month later in Canada.

Not sure if I want to wait, or if it is even worth the wait at this point. They are both great phones and are both definitely getting ICS.

Oh right, and the Vigor comes with Beats headphones or something. Gimmicky, but it's still there.

Any help between the two devices would be appreciated. Or any other HTC device that is better. Just keep in mind, I will not be switching phones for 2 years.

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested.
Would have liked it more if it had a bigger screen, HDMI out, and a kickstand...
(I heard it will have some MHL instead of HDMI, which needs a $30 adapter to convert to HDMI.)

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm still very interested since the Nexus will be plastic with a non-Gorilla glass curved screen, and the Razr does not allow battery change. But where the heck is it. It (Vigor/Rezound) seems to have fallen off the face of all the websites.

myrv

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I know that I am looking forward to the Vigorwtfever. The rumor is svdo which I need because LTE isn't always an option and I need to sometimes be able to talk and surf (logmein) at the same time.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm still very interested since the Nexus will be plastic with a non-Gorilla glass curved screen, and the Razr does not allow battery change. But where the heck is it. It (Vigor/Rezound) seems to have fallen off the face of all the websites.

The nexus has gorilla glass.

I'd be interested in the Rezound (god awful name) if it had NFC.

JWellington

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

The Vigor sounds great. The processor sounds speedy, has LTE, SD card, removable battery, nice 720p LCD......great looks NC
I'm looking forward to reading more on this phone. I wonder if bootloader will be unlocked . anyone know if the thunderbolt bootloader was locked?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
The Vigor sounds great. The processor sounds speedy, has LTE, SD card, removable battery, nice 720p LCD......great looks NC
I'm looking forward to reading more on this phone. I wonder if bootloader will be unlocked . anyone know if the thunderbolt bootloader was locked?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The Thunderbolt was locked, and the Rezound will be as well. It's Verizon. However, like the Thunderbolt, and unlike non-HTC devices from Verizon, it will be unlocked by the community relatively quickly.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: compchick813

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Please show a link to an actual Samsung statement that the Nexus will have Gorilla glass. I have not read anything but assumptions that it will and that it will not. So, until I see it verified by Samsung, I will assume it does not. Whereas Moto has stated Gorilla glass for the Razr in their own marketing information.

Reactions: tx_tuff

DougD84

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else getting the feeling that this is going to be pushed back for a while, possibly into December or even January in an attempt to release it with ICS?

In my case, patience isn't an issue. I know that I want this phone over the RAZR and G-Nex and I'm more than willing to hold on to my upgrade until it shows its beautiful face at a Verizon corporate store, but the wait for at least an official announcement is killing me.

Here's to hoping we hear something either this week or next about that possible 11/10 launch.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Stupid as it is to say, they lost me when they changed the name to Rezound! How stupid, not me, but them. Vigor was great! Ah well...and they've been too quiet. I think I'll have my Razr before any more word on it comes out. Timing does matter. Ask Palm. Oh, wait, where did they go?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang