One huge advantage that the Rezound has over the other phones...

mithong

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The rezound is powered by Qualcomm's MSM8660 CPU.

Qualcomm is also the company that created the MDM9600 LTE chip that is used in all verizon LTE phones.

So it would only make sense that the rezound's processor and LTE chip would be more compatible with each other than the other phones... leading to better battery life/performance/relaibility.

Not really a scientific explanation, but just something to think about =)

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: One huge advantage that the Rezound has over the other phones

I don't think that theory jives when you consider the horrible battery issues with the Thunderbolt. I would like nothing more than this to be true, but I'm not holding my breath.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

I don't think that theory jives when you consider the horrible battery issues with the Thunderbolt. I would like nothing more than this to be true, but I'm not holding my breath.
The Thunderbolt was an abortion of a phone so it doesn't really count.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Lol @ Leo. :)

HTC is like a muscle car with a 1 gallon gas tank: powerful, sleek, and sexy, but it runs out of gas quickly. I'll undoubtedly be buying the extended life battery for it. Extended life batteries are a must for all HTC phones.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

It absolutely counts. I'm sure the Rezound will perform better. But the Qualcomm comment means nothing.
The reason I made that commentwas because the Thunderbolt wasn't intended to be a 4G phone. Verizon at the last minute changed it without proper r&d.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The rezound is powered by Qualcomm's MSM8660 CPU.

Qualcomm is also the company that created the MDM9600 LTE chip that is used in all verizon LTE phones.

So it would only make sense that the rezound's processor and LTE chip would be more compatible with each other than the other phones... leading to better battery life/performance/relaibility.

Not really a scientific explanation, but just something to think about =)

Irrelevant. The thunderbolt proves this theory wrong. The custom LTE baseband Motorola built for their devices is far superior to what Qualcomm has come up with, and it shows in the RAZR's LTE performance and battery life.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

Thunderbolt was using a Snapdragon II processor, same manufacturer but older tech.

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

I'm tempted to order it, but I will wait a week or so to see how the battery life is. If it's as dreadful as my Dinc battery, Nexus here I come.

Reactions: johnboy33