Asurion sent me a brand new Rezound?

robw

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So I had a problem with my Rezound - got it wet and it would no longer recognize when I rotated it to landscape. Put the claim in with Asurion, paid my $100 and they overnighted a replacement. I was fully expecting to get a refurb unit but was very pleased to receive what appears to be a brand new Rezound (had the plastic wrap around it), in the Rezound box, with a battery, 16GB card, Beats earbuds, charge.. everything. All I had to do was send back my broken Rezound with none of the accessories. Is this normal? Wanted to share because I know some people are hesitant to file a claim due to bad experiences with refurbs.

caroly72

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Nice, my bf got a new tbolt from assurion but only after the refurb they sent us bricked after a few days.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

soboness5

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I had a TBolt...broke it, spent the $100 for the Asurion replacement. One replacement was randomly rebooting, the next was really solid. About 4 months later the replacement died...called Asurion again (1 year replacement for defective devices), and they sent me a brand new Rezound. No TBolts are available as replacements at this point...couldn't be happier with the Rezound so far!

robw

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, I was very pleased to get a brand new unit. All of the extra accessories (esp. the battery and Beats earbuds) were a big bonus and took the sting out of paying the deductible. :cool:

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I too got a brand new one after their refurb they sent me was sucky. Pretty nice, I feel with the accessories (charger/beats earbuds) is def worth the $100 insurance claim.

jeckel51

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Had a thunderbolt collecting dust. It was real laggy. It was only 5 months old from my claim on asurion. Seen this post. Called asurion. Sending me a rezound. Hope its brand new.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

lopez5575

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I just made a claim on my TBolt a few weeks ago, Got a Refurb Tbolt as replacement, It ended up having a hairline crack in the corner of the case called Asurion requested an upgrade and got a Rezound. with the option to send it back within 7days if i dont like it and get my Tbolt back.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Asurion probably got a lot if not all of Verizon's Rezound stock for a song. Verizon surely isn't interested in selling the device any longer.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
im on my 4th rezound, I wonder if complaining about the overheating issue would get me a new phone? (I really like the LG intuition). I dont want to be like that, but Im paying insurance and everything else, we should be 110% happy, shouldnt we?

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
im on my 4th rezound, I wonder if complaining about the overheating issue would get me a new phone? (I really like the LG intuition). I dont want to be like that, but Im paying insurance and everything else, we should be 110% happy, shouldnt we?

I was only on my second for over heating, and 3rd overall and they sent me a Razr Maxx, but I didn't use the insurance. I just called tech support.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jeckel51

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Brand new Baby! For a thunderbolt in a desk drawer.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350950459506.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350950459506.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 47

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Asurion sent me a brand new epic since my ns4g was lost. Really loving this phone

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I was only on my second for over heating, and 3rd overall and they sent me a Razr Maxx, but I didn't use the insurance. I just called tech support.

I dont really see the maxx as a step up though. I already have 2 extended batteries. I really like the rezound, but man that LG intuition is crazy big. I guess I want something new....but sure arent gonna pay full price for something.

Do you like the maxx over the rezound?

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I dont really see the maxx as a step up though. I already have 2 extended batteries. I really like the rezound, but man that LG intuition is crazy big. I guess I want something new....but sure arent gonna pay full price for something.

Do you like the maxx over the rezound?

The battery is of course better, I work in a low signal area and the Maxx definitely holds a signal better. I think they are both awesome phones. The Maxx works better for me though. I completely understand wanting a change.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just filed claim with Asurion last night because of a broken screen... After seeing these messages and several in other threads, I am hopeful for a NIB unit complete with iBeats, but as long as it works through April outs good enough.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38