All of a sudden I cannot receive text messages?

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello!

This morning, I was sending and receiving text messages perfectly fine.

I then installed the application called "SMS Popup" as I wanted to see if it would be something I could use.

I sent some text messages to friends for them to reply to see how SMS Popup would work, they didn't reply for a few hours, but a little while after that time period, one of them called me telling me that they had been texting me forever, and were wondering why I was not replying.

I then realized I really was not receiving text messages!

I tried sending a text to myself from my mother's phone, but did not get it.

I turned off my phone, and still nothing.
I reset my phone, and still nothing.

I uninstalled SMS Popup, because everything was working fine until I installed in, but I still could not get texts.

I turned off my phone, and then reset it to no avail.

Do you know what is wrong, and what I should do?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
That's weird I've used sms pop-up without issue. do u have unlimited texting could Verizon have stop your texts. I would also try clearing all data in the messaging app. If all else fails u can try a factory reset. Also are u rooted if so then it could be a slew of problems.

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
oh!
That's one thing I did forget to mention.

I did clear the cache in all 3 text message apps I have, even though I only use Go SMS Pro.

I will try clearing out the data though.

I do have unlimited texting, and I am unrooted

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
oh!
That's one thing I did forget to mention.

I did clear the cache in all 3 text message apps I have, even though I only use Go SMS Pro.

I will try clearing out the data though.

I do have unlimited texting, and I am unrooted
If you clear the data and that does not fix the issue u could try a battery pull. Other then that u either have to go talk to someone at Verizon and see if they can fix it. Or do a factory reset that should it if that don't do it I would not even know where to go from there other then getting a new phone.

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
okay, thanks.

I think i will go into the store, because for about 3 months now, I haven't been able to send or receive MMS messages either.

Thanks for your help!

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
okay, thanks.

I think i will go into the store, because for about 3 months now, I haven't been able to send or receive MMS messages either.

Thanks for your help!

Let us know how it turns out. I have never seen a case likes yours before making me think that there is an issue with the phone itself that goes beyond the software

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty