Navigation voice speed?

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
So, since I've done the recent update to the Thunderbolt, everything has been great.

Yesterday, for the first time decided to use Google Navigation and found that the voice providing directions was going A LOT faster than I remember it. Has anyone else experienced this? I mean, the voice speaks so quickly now its almost comical. I had a hard time understanding what it was saying.

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I feel stupid. I recently went in and changed the voice recognizer speed as follows:

Settings > Voice input & output > Text-to-speech settings > Speech rate

I wasn't thinking and thought that this controlled the speed at which I can speak and have the phone interpret what I say to text. DUH!! Sorry.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My favourite is when Nav pronounces this street called Avenue B, which is abbreviated to Ave B. Google Nav calls it "Avay-Be".

pkatz

May 21, 2011
Visit site
in those settings (settings -> voice input & output -> text-to-speech settings) i see an option for setting the language (.... -> language) where you can pick between german, british engligh, spanish, french, and italian.

does anyone have any idea if there is a way to add celebrity/novelty voices like some stand alone GPS units (i think it was tom-tom) have had in the past?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
in those settings (settings -> voice input & output -> text-to-speech settings) i see an option for setting the language (.... -> language) where you can pick between german, british engligh, spanish, french, and italian.

does anyone have any idea if there is a way to add celebrity/novelty voices like some stand alone GPS units (i think it was tom-tom) have had in the past?

I don't believe so.

Reactions: pkatz

l0wr1d3r

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I sure am hoping the next OTA adds settings -> voice input & output -> text-to-speech settings > sexy. The current voice is worse than getting directions from Stephen Hawking.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I sure am hoping the next OTA adds settings -> voice input & output -> text-to-speech settings > sexy. The current voice is worse than getting directions from Stephen Hawking.

The ota has nothing to do with navagation. Its all done by Google I to would like a new voice but not thinking its going to happen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch