Text Message Mixups

Ruins

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I'll have a few different contacts in my Message list, and when I send a message to a particular person, it will suddenly send to someone else in my Message list. If I'm sending a message to Person 1, Person 2 will receive it and sometimes, this can be an awkward thing. Is anyone else having this problem, or know how I can prevent this from happening again without having to delete my messages every time I get one?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It's a known issue with Froyo. If you're rooted, you can try a Gingerbread ROM. You can also use a free third-party app like Go SMS or Handcent.

Sent using Tapatalk

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I've never had this problem with my phone but I keep my message strings limited in size, less than 200. I think that is when people start running into problems with the stock message app when they have too many messages built up.

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
This same thing happens to me a lot.. usually when I am just replying to a text which should be pretty simple. Next thing I know it goes to someone at random. So annoying hopefully when 2.3 comes out this will fix this issue

wickets

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
this is happening on my nexus galaxy...its so embarrassing that the latest and greatest phone cant even be used for texting....WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
this is happening on my nexus galaxy...its so embarrassing that the latest and greatest phone cant even be used for texting....WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(
Strange. VZW/HTC fixed this issue on the ThunderBolt with the release of Gingerbread (and an updated Sense) a couple of months ago.

-Frank