loss of root

devereauxx

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
running a tbolt with the last update b4 gbread. today i had and issue closing wireless tether and rebooted. after i lost root and tried to reflash the zip file from revolutionary 'su 2.3.6.3' and used terminal to determine i have root again. however when i try to update the su app to 3.x i get 'gaining root access fail' and then tried su update fixer, which says it worked, but still cant update su app. terminal still shows im rooted however but wireless tether isnt able to gain root access. i feel like im losing my mind.

apparently su 3.x is broken and trying to update a few days ago killed me today. the fix for anyone getting this random issue was to uninstall updates to su from the applications menu and to clear app cache and reboot. hope this saves a headache or 2.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Any reason I shouldn't just keep the old version of superuser and rom manager I already have? After reading threads like this I'm starting to take an attitude like "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Diabl0

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Same, Rec. No reason to update anything unless you're having issues with it. If it works, leave it alone. :)

I didn't realize my Superuser was set to auto update. I had a mild heart attack when I realized it updated itself. I'm running the latest version with no issues now, but I am NOT updating the binaries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Anthony