4g outages in maryland?

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Tuscaloosa, AL, which is about 55 miles southwest of Birmingham, has no data at all. We're still a 3G market, and my Bolt is showing nothing, not even 1x. I rebooted and changed network mode to CDMA, but no dice. Good thing I have wi-fi.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I asked my daughter (she is about 15 miles from me) and has the TBolt.....she says she has 4G (as of 30 mins. ago)...but then this is the same daughter that WON'T let me root her phone. I bet she is saying to herself "See Dad, I have 4G because I am not rooted"....I would say to her "Whaaaat-evah" LOLOLOL

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Verizon says it's working on 4G LTE outage; 3G data, voice are unaffected:
http://www.androidcentral.com/whos-having-data-issues-verizon

"We just got the following statement from Verizon:

Verizon Wireless engineers have been working to resolve an issue with 4G LTE service that is affecting some customers’ 4G devices. 3G data and voice devices are unaffected. All customers’ voice calls and text messages continue to go through. In the past 24 hours, some 4GLTE customers have reported their devices are operating on 3G data service where they would normally get 4G. Some have reported no issues, others that data access is either intermittent or unavailable. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible."

For the record, still have LTE in Birmingham.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
This morning, my 4G connection was fine. Around noon, I noticed I was stuck in 3G, and shortly afterwards, I lost that, too. Now I only get 1X, and most of the time, that frequently goes out, too... It doesn't even matter if I switch the phone into "3G-only" mode.

I'm near the Cleveland, OH area, for what it's worth.

:(

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Verizon says it's working on 4G LTE outage; 3G data, voice are unaffected:
http://www.androidcentral.com/whos-having-data-issues-verizon

"We just got the following statement from Verizon:

Verizon Wireless engineers have been working to resolve an issue with 4G LTE service that is affecting some customers’ 4G devices. 3G data and voice devices are unaffected. All customers’ voice calls and text messages continue to go through. In the past 24 hours, some 4GLTE customers have reported their devices are operating on 3G data service where they would normally get 4G. Some have reported no issues, others that data access is either intermittent or unavailable. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible."

For the record, still have LTE in Birmingham.

That's definitely not true. For a while, my phone had ZERO data. No 4G...no 3G...not even 1X.

This morning, my 4G connection was fine. Around noon, I noticed I was stuck in 3G, and shortly afterwards, I lost that, too. Now I only get 1X, and most of the time, that frequently goes out, too... It doesn't even matter if I switch the phone into "3G-only" mode.

I'm near the Cleveland, OH area, for what it's worth.

:(

Switching mine to REV A seems to have helped (plus setting radio to CDMA only)...not sure if that made a difference or not...

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
That's definitely not true. For a while, my phone had ZERO data. No 4G...no 3G...not even 1X.

Switching mine to REV A seems to have helped (plus setting radio to CDMA only)...not sure if that made a difference or not...

Setting it to cdma only helps a lot cus its not constantly looking for an lte signal so it won't be bouncing on and off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting a pretty constant 3G signal here in KC for about 3 hours, but still no 4G. I'm sure Verizon is working hard on this, worst time of the year for it to happen. I thought it was my phone, and I'm still under the 14 day window...until I got home and my wife's phone was out as well.

bherget3

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I think that VZW is doing some 4G work in the Maryland Market.
I am from Bel Air and over the past few weeks have randomly picked up spotty 4g signal (Never has happened before) and I think they may be activating new towers, which I suppose could disrupt the rest of the network. I don't know though, I'm in Indiana PA right (which does have 4G as well)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer