Weird Texting Issue

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes when I send a text message to a friend of mine, it will send him part of the current message and part of an older message from 2-3 weeks ago or more. Then, today, it sent part of a current message and the following :
edir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pd_sim_sbs_lg_4

No idea what that is and I have never Texted or typed such a thing....am I being tracked by Verizon or some other government entity?
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like your phone is not addressing memory correctly and is reading from the wrong area in memory when putting the message together to send. That last snippet looks like the end of a web URL, but not enough to piece together what web site it's from or whether it's likely you would have visited that site. In any case, it's probably a string in memory somewhere around where your actual message is being stored.

1. Stock or aftermarket ROM?
2. Rooted? No?
3. Stock messaging app, or something else?

If the answer is stock, no, stock, then call Verizon - something is wrong with your phone. A factory reset might fix it.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted running an older version of gingeritis and it has been messing up quite a bit lately ie: full Google suite of apps not working, never locking gps, odd texting issues and more. I think a reflash and possible aosp ROM is gonna have to be in store for the phone.

I am also running a stock messaging app.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa