My Thundebolt comes today :)

Eagles931

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Im pretty much ready for the battery life. I do alot of texting and twitter. I have wifi at my house so that'll help. And according to the 4G map, I'm not covered (I love in Delaware). I'll most likely turn off 4G if that's the case. That should help me out substantially. I wont be turning off the automatic updating of twitter or my email though. U think my battery life will be ok?

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Im pretty much ready for the battery life. I do alot of texting and twitter. I have wifi at my house so that'll help. And according to the 4G map, I'm not covered (I love in Delaware). I'll most likely turn off 4G if that's the case. That should help me out substantially. I wont be turning off the automatic updating of twitter or my email though. U think my battery life will be ok?

If you're nowhere near a 4G area you shouldn't have to mess with it at all - that 'fix' is mainly for people who live in an area where the signal is weak and keeps trying to switch back and forth. I'm in a 3G-only state (ugh) and without switching 4G off my battery has been just fine. Having wifi at home helps, too! I also let twicca (Twitter) update hourly and all of my email comes through either the Gmail app or Yahoo Mail app which both have push notifications. No complaints. I think you'll be fine, though reading through the stickies for a few more tips wouldn't be a bad idea, either. :)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Depends on your definition of ok... I don't think it will be as good as without Twitter, but you will probably have to recharge in the middle of the day and over night.

Eagles931

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably download juice defender to help out with things. I'll probably try and do most of my web browsing on my iPod touch 4th generation. I would prefer instant twitter updates but I'll sacrifice it if it really helps with battery life. And sorry for not checking out the sticky threads, I'm just super hyped to get this phone. Note that I'm upgrading from a EnV3 lol

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What kind of simple tweaks?

Blockbuster fix, keep display 25% when inside. Try and limit syncing frequency as much as possible. No task killers. Try and read some of the battery sticky and tips&tricks thread.

You battery will probably suck the first few days. After that you'll see a very noticeable increase. Some sort of calibration thing.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I keep GPS on, screen brightness at 40% but I have turned my auto synching off so that everything will synch when I want it to by opening it. The GPS only gets used when you open an app that uses it. I have no task killers, did the blockbuster fix, and I think it was the City ID removal. I can go all day at work using my phone what I consider average use with some texts, email checks, market surfing and go to bed with about 35% battery left. (I turn 4G off unless I want to download a video or something)

Reactions: Chrisy

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm sitting at 32% battery right now and going on my 3rd day without charging. Of course I have the extended battery but I do nothing to conserve battery other than turning 4G off and that is only because the signal is weak in my house so it keeps switching back and forth and it gets annoying. The extended battery is well worth it!

Reactions: Chrisy

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Don't be surprised if you have wonderful battery life. I know whenever I expect the worse of a situation I always end up with a better deal. Congrats on purchasing the TB!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

itsdollar

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
You will love it. I'm in 3G home area, travel to 4G areas sometimes and I work in a 2g area (I know! One of the few places where Verizon doesn't have 3G) I didn't change the 4g/LTE setting, I use Wifi whenever I can and I leave everything else on if I use it. I am using a extended battery but even on stock it got better after a little bit. Once you get comfortable, root your phone throw on a custom kernel and your perspective will change for the better anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87